Dream place to work

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

I have a coolest manager and CEO ever - No yelling, no screaming, no micromanage. He treats me with respect. He is the most competent manager I have ever worked with.
Education bonus - The company promotes and encourages employees to get more training and taking job related courses. Reimburse employees with tuition up to maximum amount allowed by IRS
Food and snacks - Monday organic fruit, Wed. bagel day, Fri. donuts day(may need to reconsider), endless chips, breakfast bars, cup noodles, soda (not for me) and bottle walter...
Office - The office is bright and fresh.
Technology - The company heavily invests in most current software to automate everything as much as possible.
Company party - not many companies in these days would spend money on employees anymore.
Open minded management team - managers are very open minded with any new ideas

Cons

-Need to spend a little more time to bridge sales team and engineer team.

Advice to Management

-Healthier food on Friday (donuts, soda need to be gone)
-GG bridge toll and gas are expensive (Let's figure something more green and save employees commute expenses)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Sense of Accomplishment & Helping Others; Work Hard/Play Hard Mentality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

This is my first time working at a tech company, and it's a start-up. So far, so great! Really. I am treated with fairness, respect, equality and I use my brain everyday to help others around the world with big goals in mind at all times. As someone who has struggled in their career, it's great to produce a product and share it with the world to help others in this time of ongoing economic uncertainty. I have many friends who need a job and all of them find Glassdoor incredible helpful once they visit the site. As for as pros, it's relaxing, comfortable, creative and I get to work from home at times, too. Best work environment I've been in by far. It's exciting to see where we will go and be on the forefront of making it happen, too!

Cons

I do now understand what people mean by "start-up culture." Not a bad thing by any means, but we do work hard and try our best to perfect everything so we can share it with the world. As we grow, it gets tougher to remember everyone's name, but that's a good thing too, that we continue to expand so rapidly. I think senior management will do a good job at keeping the small family-like culture in tact as some people worry about that draining as any small company increases in size.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Can't wait to see where this will go!

Produce or get out quick

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

Team culture is strong.
    Benefits are outstanding.
    Bells ring when you make sales.
    Co-workers are overall amazing.
    Quotas for calls, meetings and sales are well defined.
    CRM system is very easy to use.

Cons

Ramp period is serious- get to quota or get out.
    It's not as easy as they make it sound- the product is difficult to make HR executives see as a "must have".
    Management team is VERY young and inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to get examples of success to help your sales team close those who have difficulty "seeing the value" of branding.