Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com

Professional site lacks professionalism on the inside

Former Employee - Lead Generation Associate  in  Sausalito, CA
Former Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fresh Fruit Monday, Bagel Wednesday, and Donut Friday
- Flexible work hours/ lunch breaks
- Vibrant atmosphere w/ a bright future (inside jokes among among established employees, youthful/fun environment- in Sales/Marketing at least)

Cons

- I essentially had to fire myself. My supervisor decided to limit the tasks that I performed to the point that I questioned my status as an employee and initiated a meeting to discuss (Tuesday). Apparently the decision to let me go was made the previous Thursday unbeknownst to me.

- In this meeting it was stated that I was probably going to be let go Friday (my birthday) if I hadn't taken the steps to open communication about my job status sooner.

- I was let go b/c I do not possess technical skills that were not listed on the job posting, or mentioned in the interview- and was not given the option to learn these skills on my own.

- A LOT of sedentary sitting and alienating/lonely if you don't have rapport est. with co-workers

- Improve communication: employees should know where they stand, or be told how to fix an error before being terminated.

- Promote personability AND professionalism further (i.e. I scheduled a few meetings that my supervisor did not go through with, so I was left to apologize to the ignored potential partners (emails read "___ never called me like we discussed. " and had to reschedule appointments.)

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I do want to acknowledge that 2012 was a tough year for us in building our sales team, and your feedback is very valid. We made a lot of mistakes as we grew as a company ... More

Other Reviews for Glassdoor

Great company to get started with!

Current Employee - Business Development/Marketing Intern  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development/Marketing Intern in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

A fun working environment that helps teach while also providing free range to work and learn on your own.

Cons

Some are often so absorbed in their work that they don't speak often, especially if they don't know you.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is still a startup environment even though growing at a tremendous pace. Startup means you get to wear many hats. Get to work on the best technology and really cool features. Flexible hours. Work satisfaction.

Cons

Salary is not as great. There is some discrepancy even within the company for similar experienced people.

Good work. Keep moving at current pace. Raise salary.

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!