There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Professional site lacks professionalism on the inside

Former Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA
Former Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fresh Fruit Monday, Bagel Wednesday, and Donut Friday - Flexible work hours/ lunch breaks - Vibrant atmosphere w/ a bright future (inside jokes among among established employees, youthful/fun environment- in Sales/Marketing at least)

Cons

- I essentially had to fire myself. My supervisor decided to limit the tasks that I performed to the point that I questioned my status as an employee and initiated a meeting to discuss (Tuesday). Apparently the decision to let me go was made the previous Thursday unbeknownst to me. - In this meeting it was stated that I was probably going to be let go Friday (my birthday) if I hadn't taken the steps to open communication about my job status sooner. - I was let go b/c I do not possess technical skills that were not listed on the job posting, or mentioned in the interview- and was not given the option to learn these skills on my own. - A LOT of sedentary sitting and alienating/lonely if you don't have rapport est. with co-workers

Advice to Management

- Improve communication: employees should know where they stand, or be told how to fix an error before being terminated. - Promote personability AND professionalism further (i.e. I scheduled a few meetings that my supervisor did not go through with, so I was left to apologize to the ignored potential partners (emails read "___ never called me like we discussed. " and had to reschedule appointments.)

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I do want to acknowledge that 2012 was a tough year for us in building our sales team, and your feedback is very valid. We made a lot of mistakes as we grew as a company ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

1. Up, Up and Away!

Current Employee - SAE in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - SAE in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing rapidly. There is great opportunity to get into a company in its early stages and be a part of something great. They spoil us with a pantry full of snacks and drinks. They have bagel Wednesday and there is constantly an influx of yummy food! It's a young, hip, fast-past group. The benefits are great and start on day one and the pay is very competitive. Being that they specialize in bringing transparency to the employment field they focus on making their workplace one that employees look forward to being a part of every day.

Cons

That I didn't start here sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see where we will be this time next year.

Great company to get started with!

Current Intern - Business Development/Marketing Intern in Sausalito, CA
    Current Intern - Business Development/Marketing Intern in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

A fun working environment that helps teach while also providing free range to work and learn on your own.

Cons

Some are often so absorbed in their work that they don't speak often, especially if they don't know you.