Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
  www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Happiness is... Being part of the team at Glassdoor!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor (less than an year)

Pros

This is an exciting and engaging company to work for. Full of opportunity and recognition for your contributions to the team. Plus... Yoga twice a week (outside, along side the San Francisco Bay when weather permits!), regular food deliveries, the most rocking floor-to-ceiling sized coffee machine, and the greatest Christmas parties - ever!

Cons

Because this is a start-up, things are often in flux. You have to flexible and open to frequent changes in everything from seating arrangements to organizational structure.

Keep up the great work. Continue developing the Sales Training, the recent improvements in this area have been phenomenal. Try hard to maintain the current culture, even as the company grows rapidly. Overall - a fantastic place to work!

149 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Fun, fast-paced company and tremendous growth potential!

Current Employee - SAE in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - SAE in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture. Great environment for collaboration. 100% paid medical, dental and vision. Get to wear jeans to work. Honestly there isn't one person I don't enjoy working with- management has done a great job with selecting the "right-fit" people to work here. We joke that there's a "no a**hole policy". I look forward to coming to work everyday.

Cons

Rapid growth, constant change, and a disjointed onboarding program (which is in the process of being streamlined).

Keep up the good work. This is a very exciting time to be a Glassdoor employee!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 9, 2013VP Marketing

Thanks for this feedback. You'll be happy to know that the company has made great strides on the on-boarding program. The new hire group that just started on January 7 has received some of the best ... More

Amazing company, amazing people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

I love working here; the people are enthusiastic and passionate. The company is innovative and forward thinking. Great culture, and exciting work, especially in a period of such growth. It doesn't feel like "work" and every day brings a new challenge or opportunity

Cons

- Older people: The average age is much higher than most similar Bay Area tech startups. While this has helped establish Glassdoor, there is some inertia because of this, and perhaps the company isn't reacting to new market developments at the rate that it should be.
    - Bureaucratic: Bureaucracy is odd for a company that is so small and relatively new, but because of the aforementioned inertia, there are often several levels of management one has to go to for a new idea to ever reach the surface. At a company that is growing so quickly, nobody ever has enough "bandwidth" to spend the appropriate time reviewing such ideas, and so innovation is often systemically discouraged.

-Focus more on product: be more user centric. Improve UI/UX as that really matters to most users.
    -Improve social media. Glassdoor is a social media company, and yet its social media handles are underdeveloped. Invest in this.
    -While the company is great at employee recognition, try and enhance employee innovation (think Google 20% time) and foster new ideas

Glassdoor Response

Feb 13, 2013VP Marketing

Thanks for this feedback. With regard to our presence on other social forums, you'll see a rapid expansion of this in 2013....with an even greater focus on our blog and spreading our vision for ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor