Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Strong product guided by engaged, smart people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great product with a solid strategy
Strong engineering culture
Meritocracy
Decent work/life balance, good compensation and benefits
Location is near the water and has access to outdoor activities

Cons

Can sometimes get into fire drill mode (Like almost all engineering organizations)
Still a growing company and resources can be spread thin at times
Hiring process can give interviewees an inaccurate perception of the company as dull

Continue to focus on growth, continue improvements in perks. Great location but an SF office would help with recruiting engineering talent.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company culture
    Reasonable quotas to attain
    Ability to work independently while getting enough help and feedback as you need
    The capability of moving up and getting promoted when deserved - the execs know who you are and recognize you when you over perform

Cons

Tight work space and loud sales floor
    Unhealthy food and non catered lunch/dinner
    No 401k match

Continue to know your employees and interact with them on a daily basis
    Offer a rewards program for achievements

Senior Account Executive

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

So far my experience with Glassdoor has lived up to and even exceeded my expectations. First I would like to review the culture. I love to come to work everyday. It is a culture that treats you like an adult. They expect you to come in and work hard because being a newer company we can have a direct impact on Glassdoor moving forward. But is very relaxed atmosphere as well. A break room with tons of food to snack on and breakfast is provided daily. Also there is a grill outside so you can bring in your own food and get to grilling for lunch. There is a lot of room for professional development and growth. Glassdoor provides a lot of transparency in the company, which is important because that is what we do for our career community. There is an open door policy where you can walk into any of the execs office and talk with them about pretty much anything. I also like that the company is really cohesive and there is a lot of collaboration across many departments. Everybody wants to see the company grow and become a market leader. There are no egos here which can be a problem with many start up companies. I would say Glassdoor has already been one of the most enjoyable experiences of my professional career. I can not wait to spend the rest of my career with this company.

Cons

With any newer company there are going to be processes and strategies that need to be figured out. But those pitfalls are already being addressed which just takes time and collaborate efforts among executives, directors, managers and employees. The company is doing a great job of taking feed back from employees and implementing it as needed.

Continue to make the company culture remains as the company grows. This is what really makes the employees come in and work hard day in and day out.

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor