There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Still feels like a family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working here for almost 4 years and seen it go from 20 to 200 people. Many things have changed, but the culture and a family-like feel remained the same. I had my share of startups and this is definitely the best of them. - Sausalito is a beautiful location. It feels like you're on vacation every day when you're going out for lunch or just walking by the bay. - Very strong management and very smart, mature & responsible people. - Great culture and family feel. CEO's door is always open, constant company celebrations, internally-run yoga classes, poker evenings with beer, paddleboarding on the bay, etc. - Unlimited Vacation - Casual work environment. I go and work from home when I need to

Cons

- I lost a couple good friends who were commuting. If you don't live close, traffic can get to you. - With so many cultural happenings, sometimes it's too distracting from work. - They no longer stock my favorite sweet potato chips.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing an amazing job. I'm very proud of having such great bosses

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

Sunshine on the other side of the fog

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Theres is a tremendous opportunity to make money and grow with the company.

Cons

The office is starting to feel really packed but we're getting new offices in January

Advice to Management

Make sure you don't try to grow the sales team to fast

The best work experience I have had in my entire career...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Glassdoor has been eye-opening... after years of dreading going to work every single day, having anxiety-ridden Sunday nights and clock-watching my way through life - I finally love my job. Working here is a pleasure and I am motivated every day by the people around me. There is a team-effort mentality here and I feel fulfilled day-in and day-out. There are no egos here - incredible intelligence, productivity, performance and even more humility. From top to bottom-- the positive culture is incredibly strong. We live our mission. I LOVE this place. Don't ever change, please.

Cons

Waiting for pay increases can be frustrating in start-up land, but we hope that you know you know who is in it for the long haul with you...make sure to continue to positively reinforce that so you don't lose some of your loyal followers... this is a very expensive area to live in and we want to stay with you!!!!

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture as we grow...don't hire too many corporate types...the best part of this company is the warm & cozy feel. No jerks allowed at GD.