Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com

Still feels like a family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working here for almost 4 years and seen it go from 20 to 200 people. Many things have changed, but the culture and a family-like feel remained the same. I had my share of startups and this is definitely the best of them.

- Sausalito is a beautiful location. It feels like you're on vacation every day when you're going out for lunch or just walking by the bay.

- Very strong management and very smart, mature & responsible people.

- Great culture and family feel. CEO's door is always open, constant company celebrations, internally-run yoga classes, poker evenings with beer, paddleboarding on the bay, etc.

- Unlimited Vacation

- Casual work environment. I go and work from home when I need to

Cons

- I lost a couple good friends who were commuting. If you don't live close, traffic can get to you.

- With so many cultural happenings, sometimes it's too distracting from work.

- They no longer stock my favorite sweet potato chips.

You guys are doing an amazing job. I'm very proud of having such great bosses

Other Reviews for Glassdoor

Oh, the community!

Current Employee - QA Lead  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - QA Lead in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Many different ways to help employees work comfortably together, including the open environment (several walls have come down at this location), unofficial group activities (yoga, biking), frequent hands-on demos of new features, weekly huddles, and team recognition awards. For the most part, we treat ourselves as a community, just as we do the user- and customer base.

Other things: flexible time-off policy, inexpensive benefit package, and dogs.

Cons

Despite (or perhaps because of) the community feel, I, a work-focused introvert, had struggled daily with working effectively in this environment. There are few places to escape to if you need quiet time, and if you don't engage actively with the team it's easy to get overlooked. It has gotten better recently, but I'm certain my career stagnated in the meantime.

Don't be so focused on the company's growth that we can't grow with you.

Excellent

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

You are providing a great service to people all over the world looking for jobs. What other company or job can say that?

Cons

I can't find anything bad about this company. The hours are flexible and you work at your own pace.

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!