There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros – I have worked at 5 companies in my career; Glassdoor is clearly the best for multiple reasons.

1) Great culture and energy - the people are amazing!
2) We are growing like crazy - fun and disruptive solution, people are passionate about Glassdoor
3) I strongly believe we have a fantastic solution that is helping people connect with the right opportunities to improve their lives, as well as helping employers find the right people to build better companies
4) Decent compensation/ equity
5) No dress code!
6) Access to execs - can make my voice be heard - I left a review that marketing wasn't communicating enough with sales, now marketing is doing a fantastic job of letting the sales team know what is going on with products and content - great improvement!
7) Sausalito feels like vacation every day
8) I don't feel unnecessary pressure to perform like I have felt at other companies - I will produce more because of this
9) I feel appreciated when I perform!
10) We are moving to a brand new office and will have lunch provided every day!
11) Flexibility to work from home! This is crucial! I was given the ability to work from home a few days a week because of high performance - I probably would have burned out having to commute every day for 2-3 hours

Cons

There are a lot of changes with startups: shifting managers, accounts, processes, etc

Advice to Management

Increase in base salary would be nice, especially for high performers - it's expensive to live in the SF Bay Area, Fastrak for commuters! More extrinsic rewards, training on competitors, car and phone allowances

reviews filtered by

Still feels like a family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working here for almost 4 years and seen it go from 20 to 200 people. Many things have changed, but the culture and a family-like feel remained the same. I had my share of startups and this is definitely the best of them.

- Sausalito is a beautiful location. It feels like you're on vacation every day when you're going out for lunch or just walking by the bay.

- Very strong management and very smart, mature & responsible people.

- Great culture and family feel. CEO's door is always open, constant company celebrations, internally-run yoga classes, poker evenings with beer, paddleboarding on the bay, etc.

- Unlimited Vacation

- Casual work environment. I go and work from home when I need to

Cons

- I lost a couple good friends who were commuting. If you don't live close, traffic can get to you.

- With so many cultural happenings, sometimes it's too distracting from work.

- They no longer stock my favorite sweet potato chips.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing an amazing job. I'm very proud of having such great bosses

Oh, the community!

Current Employee - QA Lead in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - QA Lead in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many different ways to help employees work comfortably together, including the open environment (several walls have come down at this location), unofficial group activities (yoga, biking), frequent hands-on demos of new features, weekly huddles, and team recognition awards. For the most part, we treat ourselves as a community, just as we do the user- and customer base.

Other things: flexible time-off policy, inexpensive benefit package, and dogs.

Cons

Despite (or perhaps because of) the community feel, I, a work-focused introvert, had struggled daily with working effectively in this environment. There are few places to escape to if you need quiet time, and if you don't engage actively with the team it's easy to get overlooked. It has gotten better recently, but I'm certain my career stagnated in the meantime.

Advice to Management

Don't be so focused on the company's growth that we can't grow with you.