Glassdoor
www.glassdoor.com Sausalito, CA 150 to 499 Employees

The pleasure of building something useful.

Director of Product (Current Employee)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros1) I've worked on a bunch of different consumer web and mobile applications. Glassdoor is the first one where I've had the experience of strangers thanking me for building a great product that made their lives better. Frequently, I meet new people and tell them that I work here, and they say, "Wow, cool, I use that. That's such a useful {site / app}. It just helped me {negotiate my salary / prepare for an interview / find a new job / avoid taking a job at a company that would have been bad for me / etc.}".

2) It's fast growing and successful, which is exciting. This, combined with the pleasure of building something useful, makes for extremely high morale among the employees. It makes it fun to come to work every day.

3) I commute by bicycle across the Golden Gate Bridge every day to Sausalito. It's a short trip, and it's gorgeous. The office is in a really beautiful spot by the water. There's a really nice deck with a view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline, with a grill and a kegerator full of beer. There's good quality of life working here.

ConsThe down side of fast growth is that we spend a lot of time on hiring and training new employees, which takes time away from "real" work. Also, it's tough trying to get into a rhythm, when we're constantly adding new team members.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's awesome to work here. Please try to keep this same passion and close-knit team spirit as we expand, evolve, go public, get bigger customers, move to bigger offices, etc.

Watching the company grow & change

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros: The pay is very good, but likely not sustainable into the future There are some very good leaders within the organization The career opportunities are increasing as… Cons: The growth in which we've experienced is watering down the culture (which was and can still be absolutely amazing) I feel like hiring in the sales… Advice to Senior Management: Be sure to understand who your leaders are in the sales org. Also, sales leaders that have been hired from the outside need to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Glassdoor is the perfect work environment for opportunity, growth and great experience!

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros: 1) Fun atmosphere 2) All the employees are incredibly talented with great personalities! 3) Flexible work schedule 4) The work is very exciting 5) I am surrounded with highly… Cons: The only con is there should be healthier snacks. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Glassdoor.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor – Why Work for Us?

Do you believe that work matters? We do. In fact, we obsess over helping people find jobs that are the right fit for them. BECAUSE WHERE YOU WORK MATTERS! Our mission is to become the world’s largest and most trusted… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Glassdoor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman. All reviews posted anonymously by Glassdoor employees.