Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
  www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

The pleasure of building something useful.

Current Employee - Director of Product  in  Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Director of Product in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) I've worked on a bunch of different consumer web and mobile applications. Glassdoor is the first one where I've had the experience of strangers thanking me for building a great product that made their lives better. Frequently, I meet new people and tell them that I work here, and they say, "Wow, cool, I use that. That's such a useful {site / app}. It just helped me {negotiate my salary / prepare for an interview / find a new job / avoid taking a job at a company that would have been bad for me / etc.}".

2) It's fast growing and successful, which is exciting. This, combined with the pleasure of building something useful, makes for extremely high morale among the employees. It makes it fun to come to work every day.

3) I commute by bicycle across the Golden Gate Bridge every day to Sausalito. It's a short trip, and it's gorgeous. The office is in a really beautiful spot by the water. There's a really nice deck with a view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline, with a grill and a kegerator full of beer. There's good quality of life working here.

Cons

The down side of fast growth is that we spend a lot of time on hiring and training new employees, which takes time away from "real" work. Also, it's tough trying to get into a rhythm, when we're constantly adding new team members.

It's awesome to work here. Please try to keep this same passion and close-knit team spirit as we expand, evolve, go public, get bigger customers, move to bigger offices, etc.

131 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Watching the company grow & change

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is very good, but likely not sustainable into the future
    There are some very good leaders within the organization
    The career opportunities are increasing as the company is growing
    There is a clear opportunity to be more than just a # as the company is still small enough for you to make an impact
    Training is so much better than in the past
    Sales employees are treated and compensated fairly
    There isn't much "dog eat dog" in the sales department
    Finally seeing more promotions from within

Cons

The growth in which we've experienced is watering down the culture (which was and can still be absolutely amazing)
    I feel like hiring in the sales department needs to slow down a bit, particularly in "enterprise"
    Starting this job as a remote rep isn't a good strategy. Reps need to spend at least their first year in the office
    I believe we need to promote more from within. A better balance is needed.

Be sure to understand who your leaders are in the sales org. Also, sales leaders that have been hired from the outside need to be sure to spend a lot of time "getting their hands dirty" to understand the sales process/objections/etc. We need more people with experience selling our product in those leadership roles to be able to lean on. I believe we need a better mix of leaders and sales people from the outside who have sold marketing products, not necessarily software, or even talent solutions. This will help give us a unique and much needed perspective on things.

Lots to be excited about at Glassdoor if executed properly!

Glassdoor is the perfect work environment for opportunity, growth and great experience!

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Fun atmosphere
    2) All the employees are incredibly talented with great personalities!
    3) Flexible work schedule
    4) The work is very exciting
    5) I am surrounded with highly experienced team members that help me grow individually and professionally. My team rocks! My supervisor is teaching me more than I could have imagined. He is always cool, calm and collective- an overall great leader!
    6) I work with everyone in the office, the culture is very team-oriented!
    7) I love the dog-friendly work environment
    8) My team is very supportive and encouraging
    9) I could not have asked for a more enjoyable work environment. There is never a dull moment!
    10) I enjoy coming into work each day!

Cons

The only con is there should be healthier snacks.

Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!