Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

I love Glassdoor

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

Free food and snacks and new office will be even better
Great management that is open to feedback
Growing fast so many promotions

Cons

many of the cons of a startup is that things are changing fast and someones responsibilities can sometimes be more than they asked for. Some people like that however.

Continue being transparent and continue growing the culture despite growth.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

What a Mess

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The idea behind the company

Cons

Dysfunction everywhere. The company is not organized. Lots of ego.

Clean house and try again

Glassdoor Response

May 1, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. As we grow, we are particularly focused on organization. We likely won’t clean house though as we do conduct performance reviews every six months for everyone in the company ... More

The pleasure of building something useful.

Current Employee - Director of Product in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1) I've worked on a bunch of different consumer web and mobile applications. Glassdoor is the first one where I've had the experience of strangers thanking me for building a great product that made their lives better. Frequently, I meet new people and tell them that I work here, and they say, "Wow, cool, I use that. That's such a useful {site / app}. It just helped me {negotiate my salary / prepare for an interview / find a new job / avoid taking a job at a company that would have been bad for me / etc.}".

2) It's fast growing and successful, which is exciting. This, combined with the pleasure of building something useful, makes for extremely high morale among the employees. It makes it fun to come to work every day.

3) I commute by bicycle across the Golden Gate Bridge every day to Sausalito. It's a short trip, and it's gorgeous. The office is in a really beautiful spot by the water. There's a really nice deck with a view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline, with a grill and a kegerator full of beer. There's good quality of life working here.

Cons

The down side of fast growth is that we spend a lot of time on hiring and training new employees, which takes time away from "real" work. Also, it's tough trying to get into a rhythm, when we're constantly adding new team members.

It's awesome to work here. Please try to keep this same passion and close-knit team spirit as we expand, evolve, go public, get bigger customers, move to bigger offices, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor