Receptive Management and Supportive Team

Current Employee - Business Development/Marketing in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Business Development/Marketing in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's quite a few- let's see: - Expectations are made very clear and there's an ongoing discussion about progress towards goals with a focus on solutions rather than setbacks - I've rarely encountered any negativity; people are incredibly upbeat and encouraging - People here work together with a common purpose and are happy to reach out for help or with it- just don't be afraid to ask - Great transparency about the direction of the company and where your specific team fits into the larger picture - Even though we are rapidly growing, the people here are always friendly and it feels like a tight-knit community - The company makes a point to listen to how people feel about the culture here and makes adjustments accordingly - Hey benefits. . . love these (although some commuter benefits would be nice too) - No lies about the flexible work schedule; as long as the goals are being met, they don't mind how you get there (no micromanagement shows that they trust their employees enough to treat them like adults) - Dog friendly office! Snacks!

Cons

Not quite as many here: - Location is beautiful, but a bit of a trek from the city or the east bay - Some positions seem to have more room for growth than others and it'd be nice to have more clarity on how to move around from within as well as learning opportunities for those of us interested in continuing in this industry

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear Glassdoor's culture is working for you! Career growth is very important to us, both because it's the only way to keep talented people, but also because ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

Heaven on Earth!

Current Employee - IT Support in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - IT Support in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love my team and job. Entire staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. Company activities abound and Office location is just plain beautiful! There's lots to do and the learning curve is high, but great people and environment makes it "fun!" One of the few companies that value their IT Department and Support Staff.

Cons

I don't see anything wrong with compensation package and Unlimited PTO may not be all it's cracked up to be; however, this is the first Tech Company that I have been to that's offering it. Heck, why do I need so much vacation when my job is worth going to everyday?

Advice to Management

First place I ever worked where Management cares to make it great.

Inspiring to be part of a company that all job seekers love

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The #1 reason glassdoor is so great is because our mission is helping people everyone find the job they love. This is a big goal and will take many years to clearly become the best recruitment company in the world - so it's fun to have this exciting work ahead of us for years to come. In the short term - the pay is great & the culture is really fun - a strong IPO looks very probably given the history of our leadership and success of companies like TripAdvisor.

Cons

Typical startup issues - a lot of change but our senior leadership is good to guide us thru it all. Robert & Roop are amazing.

Advice to Management

I'm in sales - new products please :)