Glassdoor

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Receptive Management and Supportive Team

Current Employee - Business Development/Marketing in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Business Development/Marketing in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There's quite a few- let's see:

- Expectations are made very clear and there's an ongoing discussion about progress towards goals with a focus on solutions rather than setbacks
- I've rarely encountered any negativity; people are incredibly upbeat and encouraging
- People here work together with a common purpose and are happy to reach out for help or with it- just don't be afraid to ask
- Great transparency about the direction of the company and where your specific team fits into the larger picture
- Even though we are rapidly growing, the people here are always friendly and it feels like a tight-knit community
- The company makes a point to listen to how people feel about the culture here and makes adjustments accordingly
- Hey benefits. . . love these (although some commuter benefits would be nice too)
- No lies about the flexible work schedule; as long as the goals are being met, they don't mind how you get there (no micromanagement shows that they trust their employees enough to treat them like adults)
- Dog friendly office! Snacks!

Cons

Not quite as many here:
- Location is beautiful, but a bit of a trek from the city or the east bay
- Some positions seem to have more room for growth than others and it'd be nice to have more clarity on how to move around from within as well as learning opportunities for those of us interested in continuing in this industry

Keep doing what you're doing!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014CEO

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear Glassdoor's culture is working for you! Career growth is very important to us, both because it's the only way to keep talented people, but also because ... More

146 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Motivated, professional people all working together to help people everywhere find the jobs and companies they love!

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love my job. It's such a pleasure coming to work for a company that actually acknowledges and rewards your strengths and encourages you to grow. Every single day I'm learning something new. There's a real spirit of mentorship and teamwork that comes naturally when everyone in the room is after the same overall goal. There's great collaboration between departments, with each department bringing their perspective to the table (and each department is acknowledged for their contributions). My boss, in particular, is the BEST boss I've ever had-- she is friendly, thoroughly knowledgeable, straight-forward, positive, and she goes to bat for me and other members of her team on a regular basis.

Cons

Growing pains... we are running out of space, but this is only a minor con since we have a new building being prepped right now. Once we complete the move, we'll have plenty of space and great new digs.

Keep doing what you're doing! I love my colleagues (they are so smart and overall good-natured people), I love the perks, I love the culture, and I love the fact that all managers (including C-Suite) are accessible and open to feedback-- and are willing to make real change happen as quickly as possible when it's warranted, especially for the benefit of our employees, our company, our users, and our clients. Please keep these things in place, and we'll never go wrong.

Inspiring to be part of a company that all job seekers love

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The #1 reason glassdoor is so great is because our mission is helping people everyone find the job they love. This is a big goal and will take many years to clearly become the best recruitment company in the world - so it's fun to have this exciting work ahead of us for years to come. In the short term - the pay is great & the culture is really fun - a strong IPO looks very probably given the history of our leadership and success of companies like TripAdvisor.

Cons

Typical startup issues - a lot of change but our senior leadership is good to guide us thru it all. Robert & Roop are amazing.

I'm in sales - new products please :)

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor