There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Good changes are a-comin'!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$50M in growth for an international expansion - awesome
48% of people NOW use Glassdoor in their job searching process - awesome
Name recognition "Glassdoor" is skyrocketing - awesome
Basically the company is growing like wild fire, which is..... awesome.

In addition, if feels SUPER good to be part of a company who's products actually work! Honestly, I feel 100% confident in selling Glassdoor products, because they have helped every employer I know. And it's great to work for a company where I can come into the office everyday (or work from home), and know that I am helping people everywhere find the jobs and companies they love.

Cons

With great growth, comes some pretty big changes. There's been some good and bad changes to the comp structure of the sales team. Things are getting better, but change is of course not easy.

Communication is also getting much harder across the organization, I'm not always aware what the product teams are working on, or what is coming down the pipeline. Also, finding the right person to speak with about x,y, or z may be hard if you're just starting out here. But at least with Glassdoor we maintain a small org feel, so there are still weekly huddles, and I still feel like I can walk into the CEO's office, and talk to him about anything. That's great.

Advice to Management

Great job across the board. Please continue to iron out the compensation plan for the sales team asap.

Thanks!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014CEO

Thanks for the feedback and review. I'm glad to hear the the new comp plan and sales model is working for you. The past three months have definitely seen quite a few changes as we have transitioned ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Smart, easy going people all motivated and working toward the same goal.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sausalito, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are all smart and dedicated. Work / life balance is great. There is a good balance of working very hard but also having a life outside work.
    The Sausalito location is amazing -- Just minutes over the Golden Gate Bridge it an easy commute from the city, East Bay and of course Marin.
    Career opportunities are amazing. This company is growing and expanding and it's a great place to be!

Cons

Time management can be challenging. A lot happens on the fly and meeting start and end times don't stick to schedule.
    It can be difficult to get hired as the recruiting bar seems to be high, but once here it is great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Need to figure out how to retain this amazing culture while growing in size.

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014CEO

Thanks for the feedback and review. Work/life balance is very important to us, as you point out. We believe fundamentally that for you to truly succeed in your work, you've got to have a healthy ... More

All-around great employer

Current Employee - Data Management Associate in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Data Management Associate in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive, friendly, intelligent co-workers who are helpful, respectful, and empathetic. Flexible schedule, can work from home several days a week, great work/life balance. It's a fast growing company offering a very useful resource with high standards for quality and quantity production. Interesting research projects which change all the time so it never gets boring! The working environment at the office is very fun and laid back--we are free to voice our opinions and suggestions anytime. We are constantly spoiled with free food and drinks :)

Cons

A lot of work to do - which is good job security, but I'm glad they're in the process of hiring a few more folks at the Ohio office to process the big data load (which means we are gaining a lot of popularity all over the world!) and maintain our high content moderation percentages.

Advice to Management

None. Management here is well aware of the fact that happy employees are loyal, productive employees!