Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
  www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Good changes are a-comin'!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive  in  Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

$50M in growth for an international expansion - awesome
48% of people NOW use Glassdoor in their job searching process - awesome
Name recognition "Glassdoor" is skyrocketing - awesome
Basically the company is growing like wild fire, which is..... awesome.

In addition, if feels SUPER good to be part of a company who's products actually work! Honestly, I feel 100% confident in selling Glassdoor products, because they have helped every employer I know. And it's great to work for a company where I can come into the office everyday (or work from home), and know that I am helping people everywhere find the jobs and companies they love.

Cons

With great growth, comes some pretty big changes. There's been some good and bad changes to the comp structure of the sales team. Things are getting better, but change is of course not easy.

Communication is also getting much harder across the organization, I'm not always aware what the product teams are working on, or what is coming down the pipeline. Also, finding the right person to speak with about x,y, or z may be hard if you're just starting out here. But at least with Glassdoor we maintain a small org feel, so there are still weekly huddles, and I still feel like I can walk into the CEO's office, and talk to him about anything. That's great.

Great job across the board. Please continue to iron out the compensation plan for the sales team asap.

Thanks!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014CEO

Thanks for the feedback and review. I'm glad to hear the the new comp plan and sales model is working for you. The past three months have definitely seen quite a few changes as we have transitioned ... More

131 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Motivated, professional people all working together to help people everywhere find the jobs and companies they love!

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love my job. It's such a pleasure coming to work for a company that actually acknowledges and rewards your strengths and encourages you to grow. Every single day I'm learning something new. There's a real spirit of mentorship and teamwork that comes naturally when everyone in the room is after the same overall goal. There's great collaboration between departments, with each department bringing their perspective to the table (and each department is acknowledged for their contributions). My boss, in particular, is the BEST boss I've ever had-- she is friendly, thoroughly knowledgeable, straight-forward, positive, and she goes to bat for me and other members of her team on a regular basis.

Cons

Growing pains... we are running out of space, but this is only a minor con since we have a new building being prepped right now. Once we complete the move, we'll have plenty of space and great new digs.

Keep doing what you're doing! I love my colleagues (they are so smart and overall good-natured people), I love the perks, I love the culture, and I love the fact that all managers (including C-Suite) are accessible and open to feedback-- and are willing to make real change happen as quickly as possible when it's warranted, especially for the benefit of our employees, our company, our users, and our clients. Please keep these things in place, and we'll never go wrong.

Heaven on Earth!

Current Employee - IT Support  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - IT Support in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love my team and job. Entire staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. Company activities abound and Office location is just plain beautiful!

There's lots to do and the learning curve is high, but great people and environment makes it "fun!"

One of the few companies that value their IT Department and Support Staff.

Cons

I don't see anything wrong with compensation package and Unlimited PTO may not be all it's cracked up to be; however, this is the first Tech Company that I have been to that's offering it. Heck, why do I need so much vacation when my job is worth going to everyday?

First place I ever worked where Management cares to make it great.

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!