Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Working out the kinks, but still offering impressive opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Glassdoor has a very casual, laid back office environment. Unlimited paid time off, which ensures no one really takes vacation (perception is reality, so this is a positive). If you apply yourself, work hard and can find your own answers, many opportunities for advancement are made available.

Cons

Company is rather siloed across departments, making cross-department collaboration very difficult at times. Recent growth seeks to change this, however history has formerly told a different story.

Emphasize collaboration beyond your individual team. Be open to understand different perspectives, initiatives and goals as entire org tries to move the company forward.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Trifecta - Big Opportunity, Strong Mission AND a Great Culture

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

What is rare about glassdoor is how connected every employee is to our mission. It gives each person tremendous fulfillment that their time here is well spent - we are helping people everywhere find the job they will LOVE. Glassdoor has a big opportunity to disrupt the $100B recruiting market. Great product with next to no competition. Lots of energy and enthusiasm. Still early enough for new employees to have a BIG impact on our future. Strong founding team who are smart, proven and who take the time to get to know the employees. On the path to IPO and beyond.

Cons

Depending on where you live in SF Bay Area, it can be hard to get to Sausalito. Many folks commute from over an hour away. Of course, once you are there...it is hard to beat the views.

Keep the culture and values intact. Keep finding great talent, wherever they live in the world and relocate them to beautiful Sausalito. Keep building great products. Keep investing in people and giving ample room to grow. Get us into the new building on the bay...STAT.

Enjoyable, Exciting, Busy and Happy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is so friendly and passionate about helping the company. I feel that everyone has an open door policy and wants to help and chat. Even with all the work I have, I never feel like i am alone in it. Fun atmosphere and activities. Great Benefits.

Cons

We are in growth mode, which is a positive, but it does mean hard work is necessary. No one is just sitting around, so anyone who is lazy won't be a good fit.

Keep it going!