Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

exciting growth with intelligent, engaged, dedicated people

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

great teamwork. the real, visible prospects of growth mean that we (i) are (am) motivated to give it my all at glassdoor. i am inspired to perform well, feel that my efforts are respected, appreciated, and noticed, and i would like to spend a significant chunk of my career here.

(or at least the next few years!)

the growth opportunities also means that the types of politics that are present in any work / office environment are not present here. what i mean is, sometimes in a place where morale is low, or opportunities are limited, you can see people turn on one another to get ahead, or simply to survive.

at glassdoor, that is not an issue, and so we can turn our efforts towards helping one another, growing together, and excelling together.

Cons

tight space as we wait for our new building to be completed. building permitting issues are slowing us down, and it makes for a little bit of stress.

also, this selling point for new hires is a bit farther away than it should be... i hear this should have happened in december 2013 of january 2014. its now mid march 2014, and i think we are looking at early summer?

not the fault of glassdoor management, perhaps, but once we do relocate (a few miles north), i see the morale (already high) jumping to all new levels of high.

keep sight of the amazing people who brought you this far, and continue to listen to them. keep us involved, keep us engaged, and we will reward you with our loyalty, dedication, and talents.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Best job ever

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I feel like I learn something new every day and am constantly improving. The senior management is very accessible and open to feedback. Our solutions provide great results for the companies that we work with - so you can take a lot of pride in what you are doing and build really awesome relationships with your clients. It's a very collaborative environment where people drop what they're doing to help you and make sure you have all the tools you need to be successful.

I think we do a really great job practicing what we preach and being transparent within our own organization. Every employee at Glassdoor is instrumental to the success of the company and management does a great job to show people that they are appreciated. I really love this company.

Cons

Because of the rapid growth within the sales team, there have been a lot of territory changes recently. It can definitely be frustrating when you have to let go of an opportunity. But that does go both ways, so for every deal you have to give up.....you typically get one back.

The move to our new building has been delayed a few times and we are getting pretty packed within our current space. It's a start up and sometimes you have to be scrappy, but it's hard to find a quiet place to place to think.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Convenient and flexible work

Current Employee - Data Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Glassdoor part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor treats its employees well in terms of benefits and schedule flexibility. Getting full insurance and paid days off for part time is pretty nice! I can adjust my schedule easily to fit with the rest of my life. I work from home and that has its positive and negative aspects, as any work-from-home job would. This is a company that's growing rapidly and the culture is very young and energized. My co-workers and managers are great

Cons

The data work gets very repetitive and sometimes it feels like I'm lost in a world of spreadsheets and internet data. It often comes down to speed and accuracy of processing, and it's hard to stay passionate about that. Working remotely makes it hard to feel very connected to the company. There's been a lot of reorganization and I've had several managers in the course of a couple years.

As the company continues to grow, don't lose track of the employees who have helped that growth happen. Keep the employee focus and keep it fun.

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor