There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

exciting growth with intelligent, engaged, dedicated people

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great teamwork. the real, visible prospects of growth mean that we (i) are (am) motivated to give it my all at glassdoor. i am inspired to perform well, feel that my efforts are respected, appreciated, and noticed, and i would like to spend a significant chunk of my career here. (or at least the next few years!) the growth opportunities also means that the types of politics that are present in any work / office environment are not present here. what i mean is, sometimes in a place where morale is low, or opportunities are limited, you can see people turn on one another to get ahead, or simply to survive. at glassdoor, that is not an issue, and so we can turn our efforts towards helping one another, growing together, and excelling together.

Cons

tight space as we wait for our new building to be completed. building permitting issues are slowing us down, and it makes for a little bit of stress. also, this selling point for new hires is a bit farther away than it should be... i hear this should have happened in december 2013 of january 2014. its now mid march 2014, and i think we are looking at early summer? not the fault of glassdoor management, perhaps, but once we do relocate (a few miles north), i see the morale (already high) jumping to all new levels of high.

Advice to Management

keep sight of the amazing people who brought you this far, and continue to listen to them. keep us involved, keep us engaged, and we will reward you with our loyalty, dedication, and talents.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

All-around great employer

Current Employee - Data Management Associate in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Data Management Associate in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive, friendly, intelligent co-workers who are helpful, respectful, and empathetic. Flexible schedule, can work from home several days a week, great work/life balance. It's a fast growing company offering a very useful resource with high standards for quality and quantity production. Interesting research projects which change all the time so it never gets boring! The working environment at the office is very fun and laid back--we are free to voice our opinions and suggestions anytime. We are constantly spoiled with free food and drinks :)

Cons

A lot of work to do - which is good job security, but I'm glad they're in the process of hiring a few more folks at the Ohio office to process the big data load (which means we are gaining a lot of popularity all over the world!) and maintain our high content moderation percentages.

Advice to Management

None. Management here is well aware of the fact that happy employees are loyal, productive employees!

2. My experience at Glassdoor has been both challenging and rewarding; I have the chance to excel, lead and grow!

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Smart people doing good things with state-of-the art technology. Growing in a competitive space with the goal of dominating the space. Working in a beautiful location. Glassdoor is fun!

Cons

Commuting to a good job is still commuting. Having co-workers crammed into workstations because we're growing fast is challenging. Not having perfect alignment in management can create tension which doesn't need to exist.

Advice to Management

Make sure the people who are in management roles are the people who SHOULD be in those roles with those teams, or if there are other groups/teams they might manage to play to everyone's strengths.