Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Flexible hours and great work life balance!

Current Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Glassdoor emphasis on employee satisfaction, so they are very flexible and understanding with schedule changes. You can make your own hours (depending on your projects and goals) and work from home as well. This company truly understands that employees have lives, and they can change your goals if you're going through a difficult time in your life, or give you more responsibilities if you ask for them. If you show them you're capable, a hard worker, and are invested/passionate about the company, they will have faith in your abilities. Glassdoor is a great company, and they've done an exceptional job with the people they hired and promoted.

Although top level executives tend to be running in and out of meetings all day, they really try and interact with everyone all the time. It's great to see a horizontal structure where if you want to talk to a VP, Exec, C-Level, etc, employee, they are all willing, but most importantly WANTING to hear you out.

Cons

Although everyone is very open and nice, it's hard to form some connections with people due to the separation of locations. I'm sure once we move into our new building, it will foster a more open atmosphere where people will engage more.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

I feel really lucky to work here.

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

high quality leadership that is transparent about company vision and strategy; impressive board level involvement; collaborative atmosphere with really great people

Cons

as expected in a fast-paced, high growth environment, there is often a lot to do and not enough people to do it

A mission that makes you want to win

Current Employee - Director of Product in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work, people and management approach at Glassdoor are superb. Every day you have an opportunity to make an impact on how people find jobs and companies they love. Having found a job and company I love, I know the power in that. The team at Glassdoor is very strong and I really appreciate the management team's focus and overall approach to wrangling an ever growing business / team. Some of the things I often hear the management team mention: value to our users, creating a feedback rich environment, long-term sustainability of our business, the power of transparency, etc. They are intensely self aware and always question things so we can adapt and continue to thrive.

There are a number of perks working at Glassdoor:
    - Being in Sausalito, the weather is almost always quite a bit nicer than SF. I really enjoy making use of the balconies at lunch time.
    - There are pretty frequent Hackathons that produce new ideas that end up becoming real features for Glassdoor. It's exciting to see new ideas form and actually ship.
    - There is a strong belief in rewarding performance through a mix of equity and bonuses.
    - We have a lot of free snacks and drinks.
    - Did I mention the kegerator? Yup. There is such a thing as free beer.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons to working at Glassdoor. Many of the things that one might mention relate to growing quickly. As someone who has seen fast growth done well and really not well at other companies, I think any cons related to scaling are very minimal. That said, there are things that could be done better.

When it comes to benefits, I really appreciate that the company pays 100% of your health insurance premiums but I was fairly surprised to see that there is no 401k matching. I understand it to some extent but even at smaller start ups I've seen matching. That said, as mentioned above, there is a strong belief in making everyone an owner of the company through equity grants, so that offsets the 401k matching for me, i.e. it creates a long-term financial growth opportunity.

I would keep doing what you are doing. Since I've been here I've seen a lot of changes in the way that things are structured/run but those were not empty changes. Each time you made it really clear why things were changing and how it helps us grow and achieve our goals. Also, I really appreciate the honesty and frankness of the All Hands meetings. It makes a huge difference.

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014CEO

Thank you for the review and feedback! 401K matching is definitely something that we would like to offer at some point. As you probably know, the big benefit that we are beginning to offer this ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor