Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

I feel really lucky to work here.

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

high quality leadership that is transparent about company vision and strategy; impressive board level involvement; collaborative atmosphere with really great people

Cons

as expected in a fast-paced, high growth environment, there is often a lot to do and not enough people to do it

152 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

A mission that makes you want to win

Current Employee - Director of Product in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work, people and management approach at Glassdoor are superb. Every day you have an opportunity to make an impact on how people find jobs and companies they love. Having found a job and company I love, I know the power in that. The team at Glassdoor is very strong and I really appreciate the management team's focus and overall approach to wrangling an ever growing business / team. Some of the things I often hear the management team mention: value to our users, creating a feedback rich environment, long-term sustainability of our business, the power of transparency, etc. They are intensely self aware and always question things so we can adapt and continue to thrive.

There are a number of perks working at Glassdoor:
    - Being in Sausalito, the weather is almost always quite a bit nicer than SF. I really enjoy making use of the balconies at lunch time.
    - There are pretty frequent Hackathons that produce new ideas that end up becoming real features for Glassdoor. It's exciting to see new ideas form and actually ship.
    - There is a strong belief in rewarding performance through a mix of equity and bonuses.
    - We have a lot of free snacks and drinks.
    - Did I mention the kegerator? Yup. There is such a thing as free beer.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons to working at Glassdoor. Many of the things that one might mention relate to growing quickly. As someone who has seen fast growth done well and really not well at other companies, I think any cons related to scaling are very minimal. That said, there are things that could be done better.

When it comes to benefits, I really appreciate that the company pays 100% of your health insurance premiums but I was fairly surprised to see that there is no 401k matching. I understand it to some extent but even at smaller start ups I've seen matching. That said, as mentioned above, there is a strong belief in making everyone an owner of the company through equity grants, so that offsets the 401k matching for me, i.e. it creates a long-term financial growth opportunity.

I would keep doing what you are doing. Since I've been here I've seen a lot of changes in the way that things are structured/run but those were not empty changes. Each time you made it really clear why things were changing and how it helps us grow and achieve our goals. Also, I really appreciate the honesty and frankness of the All Hands meetings. It makes a huge difference.

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014CEO

Thank you for the review and feedback! 401K matching is definitely something that we would like to offer at some point. As you probably know, the big benefit that we are beginning to offer this ... More

Good changes are a-comin'!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

$50M in growth for an international expansion - awesome
    48% of people NOW use Glassdoor in their job searching process - awesome
    Name recognition "Glassdoor" is skyrocketing - awesome
    Basically the company is growing like wild fire, which is..... awesome.

In addition, if feels SUPER good to be part of a company who's products actually work! Honestly, I feel 100% confident in selling Glassdoor products, because they have helped every employer I know. And it's great to work for a company where I can come into the office everyday (or work from home), and know that I am helping people everywhere find the jobs and companies they love.

Cons

With great growth, comes some pretty big changes. There's been some good and bad changes to the comp structure of the sales team. Things are getting better, but change is of course not easy.

Communication is also getting much harder across the organization, I'm not always aware what the product teams are working on, or what is coming down the pipeline. Also, finding the right person to speak with about x,y, or z may be hard if you're just starting out here. But at least with Glassdoor we maintain a small org feel, so there are still weekly huddles, and I still feel like I can walk into the CEO's office, and talk to him about anything. That's great.

Great job across the board. Please continue to iron out the compensation plan for the sales team asap.

Thanks!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014CEO

Thanks for the feedback and review. I'm glad to hear the the new comp plan and sales model is working for you. The past three months have definitely seen quite a few changes as we have transitioned ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor