Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
  www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Best career move I ever made!

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Top down culture - we practice what we preach. CEO sets the tone - lives and breathes our core values which roll downhill. People matter, integrity, accountability, passion, ownership and leadership!

Benefits - Work life balance, everyone has stock and is rewarded for their accomplishments - whether you are part of a team or individual contributor. Competitive salary, excellent benefits, lots of perks, free lunch daily, gym, BBQ's, tons of events, team building, dog-friendly office - one big happy family and growing!

Leadership - you are empowered to take risks, think outside the box. Alignment on vision, strategy - doesn't mean management always agrees, but with exceptional talent, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration - they ultimately lead us toward the best decisions for the customers, company and staff.

Cool new digs!

Cons

Tremendous growth since I started (that's the good part), but change management can be challenging. Scaling infrastructure, on-boarding new employees so they are equipped for success, implementing new policies and procedures effectively...people don't like change. Growing up to play with the big boys means changes that are not always easily adopted.

Definitely in favor of continued leadership training across the board.
401k match would be awesome!

149 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Living up to its values

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am literally excited to wake up for work every morning! The people here are smart, curious, driven and highly engaging people. They are people that I want to hang out with in and out of work.

Glassdoor does a great job of offering above-average benefits without expecting us to slave away for 12 hours a day. We have a great work/life balance and they encourage that through unlimited PTO, happy hours, flexible working hours, etc.

We are also moving into a brand new office next week which is adding to the excitement!

Cons

Managers are simply amazing, but sometimes it would help to be a little less "hands on" (i.e. not taking over unless absolutely necessary). There is also a lot of change, but from what I can see it is all for the better.

It would be amazing if our cell phone bills were comped--I am constantly checking emails & even taking work calls on my iPhone. It is my experience that if work is expected on a phone, it should be covered.

It would also be great if there was a commuter shuttle from the city. But these are just "suggestions"

Don't feel like you always have to follow everything "by the book" & over-manage.

Flexible hours and great work life balance!

Current Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Glassdoor emphasis on employee satisfaction, so they are very flexible and understanding with schedule changes. You can make your own hours (depending on your projects and goals) and work from home as well. This company truly understands that employees have lives, and they can change your goals if you're going through a difficult time in your life, or give you more responsibilities if you ask for them. If you show them you're capable, a hard worker, and are invested/passionate about the company, they will have faith in your abilities. Glassdoor is a great company, and they've done an exceptional job with the people they hired and promoted.

Although top level executives tend to be running in and out of meetings all day, they really try and interact with everyone all the time. It's great to see a horizontal structure where if you want to talk to a VP, Exec, C-Level, etc, employee, they are all willing, but most importantly WANTING to hear you out.

Cons

Although everyone is very open and nice, it's hard to form some connections with people due to the separation of locations. I'm sure once we move into our new building, it will foster a more open atmosphere where people will engage more.

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor