Glassdoor

Living up to its values

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am literally excited to wake up for work every morning! The people here are smart, curious, driven and highly engaging people. They are people that I want to hang out with in and out of work.

Glassdoor does a great job of offering above-average benefits without expecting us to slave away for 12 hours a day. We have a great work/life balance and they encourage that through unlimited PTO, happy hours, flexible working hours, etc.

We are also moving into a brand new office next week which is adding to the excitement!

Cons

Managers are simply amazing, but sometimes it would help to be a little less "hands on" (i.e. not taking over unless absolutely necessary). There is also a lot of change, but from what I can see it is all for the better.

It would be amazing if our cell phone bills were comped--I am constantly checking emails & even taking work calls on my iPhone. It is my experience that if work is expected on a phone, it should be covered.

It would also be great if there was a commuter shuttle from the city. But these are just "suggestions"

Don't feel like you always have to follow everything "by the book" & over-manage.

149 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Flexible hours and great work life balance!

Current Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Glassdoor emphasis on employee satisfaction, so they are very flexible and understanding with schedule changes. You can make your own hours (depending on your projects and goals) and work from home as well. This company truly understands that employees have lives, and they can change your goals if you're going through a difficult time in your life, or give you more responsibilities if you ask for them. If you show them you're capable, a hard worker, and are invested/passionate about the company, they will have faith in your abilities. Glassdoor is a great company, and they've done an exceptional job with the people they hired and promoted.

Although top level executives tend to be running in and out of meetings all day, they really try and interact with everyone all the time. It's great to see a horizontal structure where if you want to talk to a VP, Exec, C-Level, etc, employee, they are all willing, but most importantly WANTING to hear you out.

Cons

Although everyone is very open and nice, it's hard to form some connections with people due to the separation of locations. I'm sure once we move into our new building, it will foster a more open atmosphere where people will engage more.

I feel really lucky to work here.

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

high quality leadership that is transparent about company vision and strategy; impressive board level involvement; collaborative atmosphere with really great people

Cons

as expected in a fast-paced, high growth environment, there is often a lot to do and not enough people to do it

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor