Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com

right place at the right time.... the 5 stars are aligned

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales  in  Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Sausalito, CA

Pros

killer office in one of the most beautiful locations in the world (yes, if you live in the city, you have to drive over one of the 7 modern wonders of the world on your commute. Is that so bad for free lunch, gym, hiking trails, great people, great culture, and watching sea planes land while you work?).
Meritocracy. Put in good, hard, smart work and you will be rewarded. Sales leadership has worked toward creating opportunities for career growth & financial success across all levels. Promotions happen often & there is a constant focus on learning and development. Constant collaboration among reps is a beautiful thing.
Our mission is clear and we eat our own cooking. Everyone is focused on making Glassdoor the best place to help employers find the best talent and job seekers find jobs they love -- and we love where we work too.

Cons

Comp plans aren't always clear. With our growth plan, it can feel like there are hiring quotas. We're attracting amazing talent, but it seems some decisions are made in haste.
Be ready for and open to change - all the time.
Dogs in the office and an open floor plan can make for a crazy environment. A steep investment in noise canceling headphones is needed to maintain sanity on the sales floor (some of the dogs are awfully cute though).
It would be nice to see some more promotions & females in management/leadership.

Lots of runway ahead. Living and breathing Glassdoor values will be crucial to maintaining culture through rapid growth. Be transparent, stay ethical and keep hiring incredibly talented people without egos. It might be time to think about an east coast office.

Other reviews for Glassdoor

Wrong people running shop

Pros

The base pay and commission structure is great. If you're in the Sausalito office, the company does everything they can to help you succeed.

Cons

They should have a VP of Sales in place instead of letting marketing teach tenured sales reps how to sell.

Every training we were required to go to was pretty much a waste of time. No company wants to know how long you've been in business, how many awards you've won nor do they want to hear about tons of stats you've made up. They want to tell you their problems and hear how your product can solve them.

Marketing wants you to talk the clients' ear off. Stop. Your style does not work.

Make sure everyone is on the same page because you all look ridiculous when we're trying to get an answer for something and everyone tells you something different.

Too many people want their hands in the pot and no one knows what they're talking about.

Glassdoor Response

Jul 21, 2014SVP & General Manager, B2B

Thank you for the feedback. We are always looking to improve how we operate. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find our regular sales training sessions helpful toward achieving your sales goals ... More

Exceeds Expectations

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA

Pros

Everyone here is incredibly talented. If you can get into this company, you not only were an all-star at your last company, but you are likely someone that I would want to hang out with on the weekends. There is zero ego here and everyone has an understanding that as there is no room for lone wolves at this company. Team culture, CEO cares.

Cons

Bridge toll is not covered. But free lunch kinda offsets it. Hiring a lot from the outside. Make sure you don't neglect the AE's that want to move up

I appreciate the management trying to grow in the RIGHT way. Hiring the RIGHT people. And making sure the lower management is empowered to run the ground operations is key- because they are feeding the beast both financially and with a winning culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!