Glassdoor

Passionate, respectful and proud

Current Employee - QA Engineer  in  Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - QA Engineer in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

First and foremost is the excitement of building something that will make a difference. In my career, it's generally been easy to be proud of the work I've done, but being proud of what my company does has been less common. The opportunity to take everything I've learned and apply it in a way that helps myself, my co-workers, and our site's visitors is nice -- being recognized and appreciated for the work I do is even better. The team is passionate and respectful, which is a perfect combination for a happy and productive work environment.

Cons

There are the standard pains of building a brand new functional product (and everything to support it) under an accelerated schedule, but the biggest downside is the location -- I miss being able to ride the train to work every day.

There are many options for growth, including some we may not have considered yet. We have a strong team -- working together, I'm sure we can go in the right direction.

Glassdoor Response

Aug 25, 2014Sales

Thank you for our first review!

131 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

Great company. 8/10 would recommend.

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Great office atmosphere. Good pay.

Cons

very boring work for me.

Talented people all on a clear mission and having fun on the way

Current Employee - Senior PR Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior PR Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Glassdoor is unique - certainly in my experience. There is a tangible vibe around the office where you can feel that something big is happening here. We are disrupting the jobs industry and everyone is 100% behind the mission to help people everywhere find jobs they love.
    One of the great things is that most people, if not everyone, has a stake in the company, therefore we all treat it like 'our' company.

I have joined at a really exciting time as we are expanding internationally and I'm proud to be a part of that. We are still a small enough company to all to get together in one large room, which I love.
    The perks are great and the social side of work is excellent. When I joined, my induction was the best that i have ever had in any company. Everyone is friendly, helpful, mutually supportive, talented and real experts in their field whatever that may be.
    My team is amazing and I know exactly what my goals are, what is expected of me, and how my work fits into the overall Glassdoor effort. Senior management are very talented, transparent and approachable.
    Glassdoor far exceeds my expectations for what I thought a job could be like.

Cons

There are no real cons other than the fact that I am currently the only person at Glassdoor outside of the U.S. and therefore have no colleagues to sit alongside, but I know that this will change really quickly. The other downside to not being in the U.S. is that my benefits package is not quite the same, but, similarly, I expect that to change, so I am not worried.

Just keep doing what you are doing, but let's grow at the right speed.

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!