Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com

An open environment. Perhaps too open.

QA Lead (Current Employee) Sausalito, CA

ProsManagement is smart. Every move is analyzed and deliberate, and there have been few mistakes. There is a lot of transparency -- everyone knows where we are, where we've been, and where we're going.

The team works hard and has delivered some impressive releases -- nearly always on-time, and often with only minor fire-fighting after the fact.

The working environment is very open. Most of the engineering team is in a large space with no walls, so communication can happen at any time and everyone has the opportunity to overhear something that may impact what they're doing.

ConsThe open environment is a mixed blessing. If you don't like others' taste in music, or if watching "The Office" makes you cringe, you'd better be comfortable with headphones. Hardly a day goes by without my hearing something that I'd have preferred not to have heard (often in the "music" category, but every once in a while an off-topic comment will slip by) and some days it really affects my productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more women. When we launched this site, we were all very focused on our work. In the time since then, we've hired a number of new people (mostly men, at least at the main office) and we've relaxed somewhat. On the days when either or both of the women are working from home, it can show.

Glassdoor Review

Content Moderator (Current Employee) Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros: -Work at home -Flexible hours -Great balance of home life and work life -Great people… Cons: -Can be isolating working at home -Can be hard to balance… Advice to Senior Management: I know being a small company can be challenging to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A wonderful start-up with great people and interesting challenges

Lead Web Developer (Current Employee) Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros: I was the second non-founding employee at Glassdoor, so I've been here since the beginning. Clearly it's working for me. The management is… Cons: The downside of constantly being challenged is that I'm usually exhausted at the end of the day. If I have a social event right… Advice to Senior Management: As the company grows, pay attention to our corporate culture. Remember to care about user experience on our site. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Glassdoor.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!