GlaxoSmithKline

www.gsk.com

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Quality Specialist  in  Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Quality Specialist in Memphis, TN

Pros

Excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and name recognition. They probably had the best benefits package of any employer I've worked for to date. Vacation time was good, and the year end shut down around the holidays was great. It's the second largest company in the industry, and I was proud to say that I worked for this company. If you are willing to relocate, the career opportunities are endless.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management downward. At my particular site, there was the constant threat of the facility closing. It was an older facility and not quite up to date in many ways as some of the other manufacturing sites.

Listen to your people and communicate openly with them.

Other reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Great place to work and grow for a long period IF you are lucky enough to find the right management

Current Employee - C5 Level  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - C5 Level in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Competitive pay, long term incentives and benefits once in the management band, work-life balance

Cons

beauracracy, HR, beauracracy, HR, and HR

have people within the business evaluating talent rather than HR ... focus more on retaining key talent than focusing on functions

GSK - great job with little security

Current Employee - Senior Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

Pros

I still feel that GSK offers the best products in their respected classes, and that makes it easy to sell a product and be proud and able to sleep at night. I never feel like I am persuading a doctor to do something that is not the best possible treatment. Aside from products, the health benefits are great, and you start with 3 weeks vacation plus year end shut down.

Cons

I never feel like my job is safe. Layoffs two years in a row, and there was very little correlation to success and to those who were let go.

There are a million companies to work for in this industry. Keep the pay competitive and make me proud to work for GSK.

There are newer employer reviews for GlaxoSmithKline.

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!