GlaxoSmithKline

www.gsk.com

Good company overall

Principal Scientist (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

Prosdynamic, business driven, young, practical, adjust fast to the big environment. In 2008 it was the first big pharm company that dares to cut majority of discovery functions and adjust the structure orgnization to big extent. Good company overall. Good health benefit. Good dental benefit.

ConsExtremely low pay especially for those hired many years ago, do not encourage publishing paper, do not retain the best scientists. Need to have competative pay, do comaparable market analysis and equity research, so those at who have stayed at the same positions will get the same pay/ or even higher pay than those new hires.

Advice to Senior Managementcompetative pay, do comaparable market analysis and equity research, so those at who have stayed at the same positions will get the same pay/ or even higher pay than those new hires.

Excellent company who care about their employees

Senior IT Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at GlaxoSmithKline

Pros: GSK is very family oriented and strives for a proper work-life balance for everyone. The benefits & salary are very competitive in the pharma… Cons: Minimal amount of cross training. Employees tend to work in same area for years without chance for mobility. Only select few are given… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to push everyone to stretch beyond GSK's traditional business model. Note that not all of your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Transparency and empowerment are just words in the dictionary

Product Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at GlaxoSmithKline

Pros: The beneifts at GSK are a great incentive. I have yet to see a comparable benefits package from anyone in a pharmaceutical organization. … Cons: Currently, there is a lot of bureaucracy at GSK. I would say this is specific to IT, but I hear this is an issue… Advice to Senior Management: There is a huge promotion by the Sr Mgmt team for empowerment. My only comment would be to practice what you preach. … More

There are newer reviews on GlaxoSmithKline.

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!