Glazer's

www.glazers.com
  www.glazers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glazer's

Good Career Starter, a lot to be desired.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Glazer's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are nice for the most part, some free wine, decent benefits, will hire recent graduates.

Cons

This is from the view of an Off-Premise Sales Rep.

The things you will need to know going to this company is that you will work 6 days a week, possibly 7, 52 weeks a year. The only days you will get off is Christmas and Thanksgiving. No time off during the holidays (October-December). The salary is O.K. starting out of college, but there is a lot left to be desired after a few years. There are no "raises" just move into different routes. The district managers salaries are not much higher then reps, and the work load they have made it a very unattractive position. If you do put your time in and work hard, you can get in with a winery, and those are decent jobs.

You will have to deal with retail store managers who are extremely difficult to deal with at times. I was fortunate to have great managers in everyone of my stores (this is rare). The job has become much more micro managed, and just shoving cases down store's throats, even if they do not want it is very common. I never thought I would be pressured into selling items I knew that my stores did not need, but management pressured me into it. The quotas are sometimes laughable how high they are. They expect 20-50 percent growth on brands every year in some instances. When you do really well hitting quotas, you might get a "Thanks for the hard work." The micro managing I was referring to is things like getting a call at 5 pm saying that a wine in a random store is missing one price tag and you need to fix it immediately. Or if you have an out of stock in a store, you are expected to drive all the way to the warehouse and pick up a case. I can understand not having chronic out of stocks, but if a customer comes in and buys all of a particular wine ( this happens all the time), the Glazer's managers act like you should have prepare for that.

You get a car allowance, but it is built into your base salary, so its not really a car allowance. A car allowance that would help would be base salary+car allowance.

Give a car allowance in addition to base salary, not included in it.
Stop forcing out cases to stores just to hit numbers.
Let employees take time off during Oct-December. A random Friday, weeks before Christmas will not kill Glazers.
Stop having meetings that pass information that could be included in a 1 page email. I have seen the SAME EXACT brand presentations 6 times a year, 5 years in a row!

86 Other Employee Reviews for Glazer's (View Most Recent)

Glazers, a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Glazer's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

income, benefits, ability to manage accounts like your own business

Cons

long hours, 6 day work weeks

Not a bad place to work, however income is capped and career advancement is highly unlikely.

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Austin, TX

I worked at Glazer's

Pros

Very much an independant position. 95% travel withinustin was great, it allowed me to not be stuck in an office and be out talking to people. Education was above satisfactory and benefits were very good including a generous tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Promotion to sales often went to attractive women, which I understand. However, as a male it was heartbreaking.

Promote more from within, merchandisers are ready to ht the ground running in sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Glazer's