Glendale Adventist Medical Center

www.glendaleadventist.com
  www.glendaleadventist.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Cliques and ethnic background stereotypes.

Former Employee - Student Nurse in Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Student Nurse in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very good at what they do. Patient centered care and diagnosis specific floors. The food in the cafeteria is very good, too.

Cons

If you are not Armenian and you are trying to get a job against someone who is Armenian or speaks Armenian they win, hands down despite if you are more qualified.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Glendale Adventist Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Supportive work environment with excellent co-workers

Former Employee - Administrative Director in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Director in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Pros

Diverse work experience for nurses available in many clinical settings; supportive management; family-like relationships.

Cons

Compensation is known to be low compared to other hospitals within the Los Angeles area.
    Seniority does not gain any extra privileges.

Need to focus more on quality and the long term rather than on immediate costs.

Management is completely incompetent. Working within the Admitting department was the worst experience ever.

Former Employee - Emergency Room Admitting in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Emergency Room Admitting in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Pros

The one pro this place had was that we had 12 hour shifts while working in the Emergency Room. Therefore, you would only have to work 3 days a week.

Cons

The business management sector of this hospital lacked professionalism, was untrustworthy, and had no appreciation or respect for their employees. Only those who were either close friends or relatives of those in management were considered for open positions/ promotions.

My advice to the management at GAMC is to start rewarding those who deserve it. I would advise them to stop with all the typical office politics- start looking at merritt, knowledge, and experience for considering future candidates/ and for future promotions. I would also advise them to create some type of internal growth opportunities for their current employees, so that it keeps the morale high, and keeps their employees satisfied.

There are newer employer reviews for Glendale Adventist Medical Center