Corruption is rampant at all levels...

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Glendive, MT
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay for the area. I enjoy serving the community.

Cons

I've never worked at such a cut throat place. Employees aren't promoted based on merit, but loyalty. If you pass the "tests" then you're rewarded. If you stand up for what you believe is right, you are silenced. Benefits have been drastically cut and instead of admitting that they're making cost saving decisions, they try to make it sound as if they were making some kind of sacrifice to begin with, or staff was taking advantage. I had an issue where I was dealing with verbal abuse so I went to HR to file a complaint. Instead of sympathizong, they made excuses for the individual.

Move on. It's time to clean house and get people with the right knowledge and skill involved.

Other Reviews for Glendive Medical Center

A real asset

Current Employee - ACH-AR Liaison  in  Glendive, MT
    Current Employee - ACH-AR Liaison in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance. Supportive team members and management. A defined career path. Competitive pay. I look forward to coming to work everyday. This job continues to challenge me and allow me to grow both personally and professionally.

Cons

People not paying their bills who have satellite TV, iPads, Cellphones, and new cars but then claim they can't afford their bill. Some community members do not appreciate all the great services we offer and all the jobs that GMC provides. I recommend they move to somewhere like Crow Agency, maybe then they will realize how good they have it.

Keep write-offs to those who really need them, hire PIs to look into people who claim they can not pay.Do not succumb the to pressure of a few people on the internet or in the local paper.

Bleak future looms

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Glendive, MT
    Current Employee - Administrative in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff care tremendously about the patients.

Cons

HR doesn't look out for employees. If you have questions or issues your on your own. HR retaliates when you complain. Jobs aren't opened like policy dictates. Some are given preferential treatment.

You need a skilled and knowledgeable HR team with the right background and education that care about staff,and setting an example. People at least expect them to follow the rules everyone else has to, right?

There are newer employer reviews for Glendive Medical Center.

Worked for Glendive Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!