Glide

www.glide.org

Great company for the community - awful to actually work for the company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFeeds the homeless. Volunteer department is really great. Health Clinic is world-class. World-wide famous Glide Ensemble (gospel choir). Everything is geared toward helping people become better people. Cecil Williams. You can bump into Maya Angelou, Warren Buffet, Nancy Pelosi and many other well-known people any day - you never know. Always interesting things going on.

ConsHigh turnover of upper management as well as lower-level staff. They have split personality disorder: are they a charity, or a church? Executive level management really doesn't know what their doing or have no real direction for the staff. Certain people at the executive level refuse to retire (and they should have a long time ago). They have no shared vision of where the company is or should be headed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy give it? They won't consider it.

High turnover, burnout, poor upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Glide full-time

Pros: Amazing mission driven organization. Does outstanding work in the community… Cons: Strong personalities of Founders who refuse to let go. Impossible to maintain momentum in… Advice to Senior Management: I don't see anything changing at Glide until Executive Leadership… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Glide.

Worked for Glide? Contribute to the Community!