Glidewell Laboratories

Add Review

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have only worked at Glidewell Laboratories for a year now and so far my experience has been positive. I feel I have learned a lot since I have joined Glidewell's company and look forward to many more years of growth. The company has many positives including great managerial staff who want you to succeed and grow. There is even a training program offered to managers, to help improve their leadership and managerial skills. Benefits include a gym, doctors office, restaurant, masseuse, break rooms and insurance!

Cons

At the moment I currently don't have any major cons to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up your hard work!

reviews filtered by
  1. Time well-spent.

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Vertically integrated and innovative.
    -About 95% of all that goes on in Glidewell occurs in-house, providing valuable information for employees to learn as well as have direct access to different departments.
    -The employees are all about customer service when it comes to inter-department interaction.
    -Worked with some amazing colleagues and management.
    -Mr. Jim Glidewell genuinely cares for his employees. The executive management team is very accessible.
    -Hired some of the best in the business when it comes to Dental R&D (Material Science, Dentists, Implant Manufacturing) and Engineering (IT, Automation, Product Development).
    -Health & Wellness program is excellent. (On-site health clinic, acupuncturist, gym, masseuse, engaging company events.)

Cons

-Their benefits can be more competitive.
    -If a person doesn't know how to adapt to a fast-paced work environment, this would not be a good place for them to work.
    -Their referral bonus program can use improvement.

Disappointing. Profitable shell waiting to collapse.

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On-site facilities including great break areas, gym, Dr's office, and renovated restrooms.
    A lot of room for upward mobility.

Cons

Many people can reach supervisor positions without management experience or education. Lower management is so focused on quotas that quality control is shockingly lacking.

Middle management is under enormous pressure to finalize huge projects so fast that they have no time to manage the lower levels. As a worker, it's hit or miss how you will be treated because there's accountability from lower management to middle.

Upper management is still caught up in founder worship (I'm talking 5 foot portraits of him everywhere). Years of growth at the expense of quality has instilled a profound fear of change or any ability to acknowledge advances in business administration in the past 30 years.

Advice to Management

Retire or change. If the FDA ever cracks down on the dental industry, you're going to be shut down while your higher quality competitors succeed. Being the "McDonalds" of dental manufacturing is not a good thing.