Global Communities
www.globalcommunities.org Silver Spring, MD 150 to 499 Employees

Your wont have a life but you will learn about office politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Silver Spring, MD

ProsThe people - not management - are amazing as is the work being done in the field. There were many projects I visited where the I was amazed how much was getting done and often it was the projects that had the most contentious relationship with HQ. Says something when success doesn't involve management.

ConsThe entire organization doesn't feel like a non-profit - they chase money and will do whatever it takes to get it and keep it including shady practices in lots of programs with USG money. The VPs and CEO at the time were awful - its all about politics and position. Favoritism is rampant and its a very hostile place to work if you arent one of the favorites. Turn over is so high that no one is left in the office I worked in less than a year ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing games and politics and focus on why you got into development. When you chase money and try to be something to everyone you'll fail.

Work Elsewhere

Program Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at Global Communities

Pros: The support staff (meaning anyone without a management title) are great. The projects in some of… Cons: The Vice Presidents work as a united force to promote their own agenda's. They do not connect or work with any staff that they… Advice to Senior Management: A change in senior management at CHF could make this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Think twice before working at CHF International

I have been working at Global Communities

Pros: Great staff - fun and intelligent. The mission is noble. Cons: The upper management makes decisions based on emotions and politics instead of concentrating on the success of the company. Things are promised that don't come… Advice to Senior Management: Start communicating to your employees. A little trust and respect toward the employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Global Communities.

Worked for Global Communities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Global Communities reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Global Communities CEO David A. Weiss. All reviews posted anonymously by Global Communities employees.