Advancement Possible if You Aggressively Pursue it

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Cary, NC

I have been working at Global Knowledge

Pros

Good income, Strong Benefits Package, Good Training

Cons

Survival of the Fittest: the first 6 months are tough

Advice to Management

Need More Proactive Promotion Track to Recognize Strong Talent

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Pays Well, Growth chances few

I worked at Global Knowledge

Pros

- Pays Great - 8-5 hours strictly enforced (Never heard of this in a sales position) - Great Benefits - Generally care about well being of employees

Cons

- Very little room for growth in a true sales role - halts personal sales development (I had been in many different sales roles, and GK basically wants you to be a robot, do not think outside the box, do not question tactics, etc)

Advice to Management

I spent over a year there and never met upper management. Never had a conversation with our VP of Sales. This company does everything by the book. Every conversation is monitored, every thing you do is monitored. Give employees more freedom. To me it seemed like direct management were more babysitters then true sales managers. That said, they have a program that works and they pay very well for what you do. I've had jobs where I had to work twice as much and twice as hard to make the same amount of money. That said, if you are a seasoned salesmen I do not think this position is for you. I think they'd be better off hiring people who had never been in sales before so they can mold them easier to the GK way.

Great way to make money, not so great in career advancement.

I worked at Global Knowledge

Pros

Great place to make great money. Great place for super aggressive sales representatives. Company allows employees to attend IT & Project Management courses that they offer.

Cons

Micro-management. Work life and personal life unbalanced. Unfair tactics used on monthly one on ones. Company has a extremely high turnover rate. Managers of regional teams are unskilled and untrained in motivating, setting goals and setting expectations of team members. Managers not directive in not telling team members what can be done to correct any sales steps, actions, or procedures to keep them from being terminated - although they stress this is something they do.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at the bottom line. Take care of employees instead of misusing them. Give equal opportunity to all employees. Train management to motivate, be more directive, and not use weakness against team members.