There are newer employer reviews for Global Marketing Consultants

AMAZING, TEAM-ORIENTED WORK ENVIRONMENT

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Global Marketing Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was initially hired by the company in the beginning of April, and was pretty taken aback at first. But I soon realized how much of a support system there was, and how organized the partners really were. I definitely see they put all their effort into developing everyone, and really no one gets left by the wayside.

Cons

I wish the office were a little bigger. There are plenty of people that work here, and a little bit of elbow room would be nice.

You're doing a wonderful job, inspiring people to think ambitiously. I truly respect the devotion.

reviews filtered by

this company is a total scam, misleads potential applicants, and stay far away

Former Employee - Trainee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Global Marketing Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

there is potential to make money, but you must go business to business and be a salesman, which was not explained in any of the interview processes. the managers are good people, but they did not make it clear that this is a business to business sales company

Cons

the managers are good people, but they did not make it clear that this is a business to business sales company. they call themselves "global marketing consultants" but you are just a a salesman for different companies. essentially your day will consist of knocking on peoples doors who have had 15 other people come in from other companies in the past month saying the same pitch, 9-5. If your into this kind of thing then great for you, but if you are a recent college graduate you can do much better. the 3rd interview is a workday, they have you come in and "shadow" for free for 8 hours and just walk around philadelphia.

you guys are generally good people, but paying 150 a week, plus commission with no expenses paid for is misleading, but hey if you want to be a workhorse for someone making 10x the amount you are making go ahead

Fast and Fun Environment with Great People and Growth Opportunity...But Really Competitive!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Global Marketing Consultants

Pros

Very goal oriented position with a lot of learning involved. Great group of people to work with and mentors to learn from.

A lot of room for personal and professional growth as well as the ability for financial freedom.

Growth opportunity is definitely there and the tools to achieve it are given to you through several different training techniques. You are cross trained in sales, marketing, training, human resources, how to handle finances and management.

High energy atmosphere.

Cons

Very fast paced environment! If you miss a day of work, it feels like a week because there is always a lot of training and teaching on a day to day basis, hence they are really not to keen about people calling out of work!
    Highly competitive!!!
     A lot of company events outside of work hours not mandatory but whenever I didn't attend, I felt like I miss out.

Because of the expansions goals necessitated by the clients there is a lot of pressure to succeed. If there was a way to teach someone at their own pace that would be great. Also giving a heads up to someone just starting how high energy the office is as well as what the job requires would be nice so that people don't get overwhelmed.

I have enjoyed my time here because I am constantly learning a lot, I just wish it was less competitive because I don't really operate well in that type of a setting.

There are newer employer reviews for Global Marketing Consultants