Global Payments

www.globalpaymentsinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Global Payments

A company on the decline.

Former Employee - Senior Server Engineer in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Server Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Global Payments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Seven years ago I would have recommended GlobalPayments to anyone looking for a fun, exciting and caring place to work, the was a culture of caring and compensation was on par with the work requested of you.

Cons

In recent years with a shift in management has come a decline in care for the employee, employees are asked to work odd hours and many hours in a row, I personally have worked 24 or more hours in a row with little more than a pat on the back and to be expected to be back in the office after only 8 hours of sleep.

Management should return to its caring about employees and move away from the large corporate mindset that is now pervasive. Stop treating and calling employees "resources" and return to caring about the people that are working for you instead of just resource management.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Global Payments (View Most Recent)

Poor investment in the business. Not much career growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Global Payments

Pros

- Nice building and fantastic cafeteria
    - Decent benefits. 401K match of up to 4% and it vests immediately!
    - One day work-from-home, at least on the IT side
    - Reasonably family friendly

Cons

- Ancient infrastructure and technology due to complete lack of investment. Never seen email going down for days until I came here. Any it's happened more than once....
    - Below average pay
    - Limited career opportunities
    - Continuous layoffs now (due to offshoring) rather than the old "May layoffs" approach
    - Employee attitufes can also be behind-the times (e.g. non-collaborative, this is the way I've always done it) because there are a number of long-timers that have never worked anywhere else

Your talent is choosing to leave in droves for a reason. Lift your heads and take a good look around at your competitors who are happily picking up your employees.

worst managment structor ever

Former Employee - Working There Drove Me Crazy in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Working There Drove Me Crazy in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Global Payments

Pros

people where nice, great building. Food in lunch room was amazing, and pretty cheap! It seemed like other areas outside of the call center where laid back

Cons

worst managment setup I have ever seen. Company seemed like is trying to move its operations over to Minilla so layoffs where always an ongoing problem- worst traning I have ever had!

Take care of your people- not just mid-managment, and the customers over all will have a better view of the company!

There are newer employer reviews for Global Payments