Global Santa Fe Drilling Company
www.globalsantafe.com Houston, TX

Not genuine

I worked at Global Santa Fe Drilling Company

ProsWhen I was onboard Global Santa Fe rigs the pay was reasonable and the safety bonuses also made a difference.

ConsSafety bonuses were paid only if no accidents were reported: People stopped reporting accidents (they still happened). If an accident was reported everyone on the rig lost their bonus resulting in massive pressure not to report them.

A just do it attitude. Dont question every day tasks onboard their rigs. They have a massive turnover of staff who question on the grounds of safety or other. If you question, you're gone.

Hypocracy. I watched toolpushers highlight during safety meetings things that shouldnt be done only to do them very things themselves half an hour later.

Example: "dont go down the hatch without a harness on". 5 minutes later I watched as the man who told me this went down without a harness.

Luckily for all, GSF has now been taken over by Transocean so the attitude will likely be better. This company however has a terrible safety record and those who created it are still there: even with a change of name.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you do. Treat people with respect.

No longer in business

Port Fourchon, LA

I worked at Global Santa Fe Drilling Company full-time for more than a year

Pros: Having half the year off was nice. Cons: You have to live at work, tough on family. Advice to Senior Management: Advancement opportunities are very limited for minorities. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Nice pay, but senior management are a bit dense

Houston, TX

I worked at Global Santa Fe Drilling Company

Pros: GSF pays very well. They seem to have money to burn and spend on anything and everything.… Cons: They pay well, but in return you are not allowed to question anything. Senior management speaks openly and… Advice to Senior Management: Some members of management are there because they are slick like a used car salesman, not because they have talent. Take a look at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Global Santa Fe Drilling Company.

Worked for Global Santa Fe Drilling Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Global Santa Fe Drilling Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Global Santa Fe Drilling Company CEO Charles M Striedel. All reviews posted anonymously by Global Santa Fe Drilling Company employees.