Global Sourcing Solutions (California)

www.myglobalsourcing.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Global Sourcing Solutions (California)

seems cooler than it really is

Former Employee - Intern in Aliso Viejo, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Global Sourcing Solutions (California)

Pros

They attempt to make the intern experience stimulating and fun. They provide free snacks, like cheetos, as compensation for the work you do. Every Friday of each week they have a seminar in which they explain an industry or some business know-how. The seminars from senior management was very good and informative.

Cons

I really tried to put my best foot forward and worked hard during the internship. But I was disappointed because all they really made me do was find suppliers, find out their prices and submit the lowest price to whomever assigned me to the task. This process was repetitive and took me several boring hours to complete. I feel they didn't really have a learning curriculum for the interns. Their intern model was just to make them do their busy work in return for cheetos.

A more applicable learning curriculum.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Global Sourcing Solutions (California) (View Most Recent)

Accounting Internship

Former Intern - Intern in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Global Sourcing Solutions (California) as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn a lot about all aspects of business. Even as an intern you are being mentored by everyone in the company.

Cons

I would say the only cons would be that employees are traveling a lot so sometime it would be hard to ask a question immediately but that is part of international business and they were good about answering emails as soon as they could.

Good, independent, hard working company

I have been working at Global Sourcing Solutions (California) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- recognition for hard work, but you have to work hard!
    - interacting with many different countries
    - being taught/trained

Cons

- will have to do some overtime, (not a huge deal though) in order to work with other countries and office locations
    - company execs are constantly in and out of the office due to travel so communication can be tough sometimes

There are newer employer reviews for Global Sourcing Solutions (California)