Global lt

www.global-lt.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Global lt

Decent way to gain teaching experience with flexibility

Current Employee - Language Teacher
Current Employee - Language Teacher

I have been working at Global lt

Pros

-Decent reimbursement and dependable accounting
-Flexible
-Great way to gain teaching experience
-You can take the job with you if you move

Cons

-Sporadic assignments
-Quality of regional supervisors varies
-Some students are employees at larger companies and therefore are motivated to learn. Other students are spouses of employees, taking language courses either for fun or for casual purposes, and therefore there are sometimes problems with students that don't show up, don't cancel, etc. Fortunately there is reimbursement for this.

There tends to be a lot of turnover with the regional coordinators. Sometimes they are very personable, very helpful, and communicative, and then abruptly the staff will change and it may be with a great person, or someone who is curt, doesn't reply to emails, etc. It would be nice to be able to count on steady communication from regional coordinators, especially when time lapses between assignments - just a "check in", etc.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Global lt (View Most Recent)

Managers need managing

Current Employee - Coordinator in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Troy, MI

I have been working at Global lt

Pros

Very nice coworkers, very diverse group and great company atmosphere. The company communicates well with employees and share information freely. Fun place to work and very inclusive.

Cons

Employees are promoted to managers just because they have been a company fixture: No degree, educational skill set, training or experience required. Promotions are offered on bases of time with the company, not qualifications.
    Departments are poorly managed and managers are allowed to do as they please. Managers are often politically incorrect.

While it is good to promote within, Hire managers (and employees) that are qualified, educated and with the right skill sets. Sometimes that requires bringing in a fresh face.

At will contracts

I worked at Global lt

Pros

It used to be a nice, international and fun place to work.

Cons

I worked for Global Lt for 2 years and as they have an "at will" contract-- no reasons or 2 week notice needs to be given. They can fire you on the spot. My direct superior used this and I was fired because I challenged the new policies that she had put in place. One being no more working from home for our department but given an exception to one recruiter. Hence it really just targeted me and no one else. Her constant inability to manage and nit picking became ridiculous and counter productive. She has no managerial skills and is a two faced snake. Middle managers bully their employees until they quite. This has happened on more then one occasion. The work environment is not enjoyable. They don't pay you enough, but expect you to work super hard by over assigning you classes.

CEOs do not see what middle management is doing. Time for CEOs to come down to the floor and see for themselves. They will be shacking their heads when they see how poorly and disrespectful the middle managers treat the employees.
    HR- cold, unapproachable, often hear taking about inappropriate private matters in the office and thinks it is funny. For example: No smoking and drinking while you are pregnant but that is when you need it the most!
    Hire new and professional managers that care and are alright with an open door policy!

There are newer employer reviews for Global lt