GlobalGiving

www.globalgiving.org

An incredible experience with brilliant workers

Former Employee - Intern  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

Awesome, tight-knit culture. Lots of communication and endless contacts in the ID world. Easy access to management.

Cons

Little compensation for interns though they are vital for the business.

Subsidize internships more to make positions attractive.

Other reviews for GlobalGiving

There's great purpose to your work and to your time. You are not shooting the breeze as an intern (or full-time staff)!

Current Employee - Project Team Intern  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Team Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

My favorite things about GlobalGiving are numerous.
       - You are a member of the family, and you are an integral part of the team. This holds true no matter which pod you work in.
       - You constantly learn from other employees. They inspire you, help you think through things in different ways, and make you laugh. They are driven and brilliant.
       - You have freedom to design experiments or innovations to make the company better.
       - Values are lived to a tee: Always Open, Never Settle, Committed to WOW, and Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat.
       - Open office setup is so helpful, especially to encourage the learning environment, team emotions, and collaborative efforts.

Cons

Everyone has so much on their plate. You feel a bit bad asking of their time.
    There's too little time to innovate sometimes. You feel pressed to keep up with all your ongoing projects or responsibilities.

Management is amazing with how open they are in asking and hearing and then acting on the heard feedback. Thank you for modeling that for me as an intern! Other advice would be to continue extending hands to interns right away for professional and personal development. It's great to sit next to you, and even better to have your ear briefly!

Best Internship Out There

Former Employee - Partner Services Intern  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Partner Services Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

even as an intern I was included in every meeting, opportunity for individual projects, great orientation process, everyone was willing to help us learn

Cons

a lot of work so we were always really busy - but also a good thing because I learned a ton

I really loved working here and would highly recommend GlobalGiving both as a place to donate to small nonprofits, but also as an awesome work environment. please don't ever stop offering internships!

There are newer employer reviews for GlobalGiving.

Worked for GlobalGiving? Contribute to the Community!