GlobalGiving

www.globalgiving.org

An extremely valuable internship experience at GlobalGiving

Partner Services Team Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsInterning at GlobalGiving was such a positive experience for me. This is an organization that embodies their values of "Always Open", "Never Settle", "Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat." and "Committed to WOW" exceptionally. I was given real work and responsibility, which as an intern isn't always the case, and felt like I contributed to my team in a meaningful way. The office atmosphere is open and fun due to everyone's enthusiasm, but also extremely productive as everyone here works with passion and drive. I left my internship having developed many new skills and truly satisfied with my time spent at GlobalGiving.

ConsOne of the downsides to this internship is that it is unpaid. However, they do offer a monthly stipend of $45 for travel expenses which I found very helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to integrate interns quickly at the beginning of each internship, perhaps putting together an office lunch or happy hour would help interns get to know the full-time staff better from the get-go.

Incredibly rewarding internship experience at GlobalGiving.

Program Intern (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at GlobalGiving full-time for less than a year

Pros: GlobalGiving staff are the best of the best. Working at this organization was a pleasure each day to be around such intelligent, forward-thinking, innovative, and… Cons: The only downside is this is an unpaid internship. Advice to Senior Management: I am so grateful for my experience at GlobalGiving and I really commend the management (and all staff members) for creating such a unique work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An incredible experience with brilliant workers

Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at GlobalGiving as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Awesome, tight-knit culture. Lots of communication and endless contacts in… Cons: Little compensation for interns though they are vital for the… Advice to Senior Management: Subsidize internships more to make positions attractive. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on GlobalGiving.

Worked for GlobalGiving? Contribute to the Community!