GlobalGiving

www.globalgiving.org
  www.globalgiving.org
There are newer employer reviews for GlobalGiving

A chance to tackle some of the world's problems in an incredible office environment!

Current Employee - Partner Services Team Intern in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Partner Services Team Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at GlobalGiving as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

GlobalGiving went above and beyond my expectations for this internship. One of my favorite parts of the experience was just the opportunity to thrive in such a wonderful office culture. This office knows how to get awesome (world-changing) work done as well as have a good time. My supervisors were fantastic about answering questions and were always helping me through anything. GG also offered the amazing opportunity for interns to meet with and present ideas to the executive team.

Cons

Obviously, being an unpaid intern is challenging because it requires a lot of effort and hours with no compensation. However, I am glad that I had the opportunity to give my hours to GlobalGiving! While I was not paid, they made it worth it by giving me an excellent experience in professional development. I wish my time here hadn't gone by so quickly!

While my supervisors were incredible about answering my questions and being willing to chat with me, I think this concept needs to be absorbed by all GlobalGiving employees across the board.

23 Other Employee Reviews for GlobalGiving (View Most Recent)

Summer Internship at GlobalGiving

Current Employee - Strategic Partner in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Strategic Partner in Washington, DC

I have been working at GlobalGiving (less than an year)

Pros

GlobalGiving is an amazing organization. I have had several internships with other nonprofits, and they were all more or less flaky... GlobalGiving is a very professional organizations that takes its interns seriously. I felt like I was part of the team.
    - Beautiful office in a great location
    - Great staff
    - Very professional

Cons

My experience was great. I do not see any cons. It is the best nonprofit I could have ever worked for.

Keep up the great work. Thank you for caring for your interns. I am confident GlobalGiving is going down the right path.

Amazing internship experience with inspiring and brilliant staff!

Former Employee - Program, Corporate Partnerships in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program, Corporate Partnerships in Washington, DC

I worked at GlobalGiving as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

GlobalGiving does an amazing job of really incorporating and immersing their interns into the team and culture of the organization. The organization and its' staff are extremely innovative, inspiring, intelligent and open. The sense of hierarchy is minimal and you definitely feel comfortable approaching senior management for help with career advice, professional development etc. The projects you are given are meaningful, challenging and fun and if you reach out, there are opportunities to work for projects across teams if you are interested in learning more about a different part about the organization. I really cannot say enough great things about GlobalGiving and the amazing things that I have learned there. The full time staff really cares about your opinions as well as your professional development and ensuring that you have a meaningful experience at the organization.

Cons

Most of the internship positions are unpaid which is definitely a con but the learning experiences and professional development that you will go through at GlobalGiving make it worthwhile. Even as an intern though, as you work hard and do a good job, you will definitely see an increase in responsibility and more challenging projects. Additionally, the work load comes in waves where some weeks you might not have enough to do and others you will be completely swamped and facing many approaching deadlines. However, this also teaches you a great deal about time management and prioritization.

Organizing a lunch with each member of the leadership team would be great

There are newer employer reviews for GlobalGiving