There are newer employer reviews for Glocap

Solid place to work and there is opportunity to produce

Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Glocap

Pros

Solid culture, good people, senior management has good attitudes

Cons

Training new hires could be improved

12 Other Employee Reviews for Glocap (View Most Recent)

Set up for failure by very little training/communication from remote mgmt and inadequate pay.

Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Glocap

Pros

Having "Recruiter" on a resume may show competence
    Well known name in financial community

Cons

Virtually no hands on training from remote mgmt, pay structure where co mgmt collects majority of fees brought in by associates, while associates are paid nearly min wage in the first 6 months, then turned to 100% commission (no salary). Employees are in a position to be paid NOTHING for a few months at a time - after 6 months of living on nearly min wage - so no time to save $ to live on during those no-income months. Pay outs on searches closed can take 6 months to actually be paid to employee, which is not addressed in contract. The only way to do this job in the first few years is to have a supplementary income. Very difficult to live in the Bay Area if Glocap is providing your only income.

More hands-on training, more time (one year) with realistic/adequate urban living wages while employees are learning/ramping up.

Dynamic and entrepreneurial Company

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Glocap treats its employees like adults, is highly entrepreneurial, has A clients and is a great group of people to work with. I recently left to take a recruiting role at a company just to try something different but was shocked to see some of the venomous reviews on this site. They don't accurately reflect the company I worked at and I have to imagine that they were inspired by the group of employees who left last summer to join a competitor and lost a law suit initiated by Glocap. Bottom line is it is a great place to work if you are self-motivated, like flexibility, value an A-client list and like being around very motivated, high energy and entrepreneurial people. I was sad to go. Lastly, during my years at Glocap the CEO always treated me and everyone around me highly fairly. He is a straight shooter and perhaps some people cant hack that but I prefer that to someone who doesn't tell you like they see it.

Cons

If you want a highly directed environment where everything is laid out for you, Glocap is not a good fit. If you are confident and like to have the scope to do things in your own way as long as the standards are high and the outcomes are good, then Glocap is a good fit.

Although I always appreciated the non-hierarchical culture, I do think that more formal recognition through promotions and a bit more emphasis on titles as a means to recognize people's development would be helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for Glocap