Glu

www.glu.com

Great work environment, but really disappointing leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros- Great work environment
- Ok sallary
- Good benefits

Cons- Bad choice of supervisors, the best people weren't always chosen to fulfill the most important roles. Company time was more important then talent.

- Total disrespect for the employess. They closed the São Paulo office with a few seconds notice. One minute you're working and on the other everyone is on the street with no word from the HQ's leaders explaining why or something like that.

- Headquarters management is totally reactionary. They only act after seeing what's working in top grossing now instead of trying to lead the market with new ideas, so when the games come out, other types of games are on top so Glu is always one step behind.

- Headquartes uses tons of statistics to reason it's poor decisions. Instead of making their own success they try to follow other companies with their.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo HQ: be polite enough to at least explain the situation to your employees before firing them. And stop trying to copy other companies models and fitting it on Glu's style, do your own thing.

One of the greatest work experiences I've had!

Lead Game Designer (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Glu full-time for less than a year

Pros: Amazing team of highly skilled professionals in every area. Company continuously… Cons: Long hours, which are a part of the games development world. "Development… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Improving every day

Senior Game Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Glu full-time for more than a year

Pros: Glu is a growing company, getting better every day. The co-workers are great and Glu is a serious company, looking… Cons: As the company work methods improve, some things like big crunchs are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Glu.

Worked for Glu? Contribute to the Community!