There are newer employer reviews for Glu

get glued

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Glu

Pros

Great building! The atmosphere is great and the HR department really cares about the happiness of the employees.

Cons

Senior management does not listen to the employees or each other. They are a smart of group of people who do not work well together. I can't believe the company has made it this far.

Sell Now!

66 Other Employee Reviews for Glu (View Most Recent)

Mostly young employees

I worked at Glu

Pros

Glu is a fun place to work mostly because it makes video games. The company does not suffer from a lot of bureacracy or hr silliness.

Cons

When I was there, I wasn't impressed with many of the managers in the engineering group, because they did not have very solid knowledge of how video games work, or were not good leaders (though a couple were quite good and made the situation tolerable). I also felt that some managers lacked basic leadership skills (ie, unfriendly, aloof, not taking responsible for decisions). There were not a lot of mature, senior people to act as mentors.

Somehow hire/elevate managers that have good video game expertise. Certain management could develop better leadership skills (ie, lose the aloof attitude, be more likeable, don't pretend to be something you're not).

Get Glued

Current Employee - Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Glu

Pros

Glu has great people, great benefits and competitive salaries. The large scale operation somehow avoids the bureaucracy and red tape that is found in so many corporate environments. Glu is a fun place to be.

Cons

Communication between employees and direct senior management could be improved. I find that concerns are often brought to my attention too late to take corrective action. There is a lot of talent here whose full talent has not been realized. Vision is lacking in many aspects.

Stand behind your word and be honest in communication. Telling the company we are financially sound and then laying people off 3 weeks later didn't win you any accolades. Now people are just walking on eggshells wondering if the information we receive is trustworthy. We strive to make Glu a great company as much as you do, please be forthright.

There are newer employer reviews for Glu