Glu
www.glu.com San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

a good place to work in 2009.

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
San Mateo, CA

ProsGlu is one of those rare places that "get it" in terms of work/life balance. This culture was important, and it came from the top down. The attitude was; get your job done and work hard. If you need to take some time for something important (e.g. a family issue) then do it, and make sure you get your job done on your own time. It was very liberating and useful, as we were given the right tools (mobile, laptop etc) to check in and make sure we were on track with projects.
You will work hard at Glu, but its worth it.

ConsGlu is a company that is constantly struggling against the bigger mobile companies, and lacks the necessary push to make it to the top. The reasons are:
1. Capital. they had a few off quarters and the economy tanked in 2009.
2. Internal lack of leadership: there was a divide between internal groups as to which direction the company should head in in 2009. Hopefully this has been resolved.
3. Compensation was about 15% below the rest of the market. When it came time to talk about raises, there never was enough to go around. They would only award bonuses in case of a dire need or drastic change.

Advice to Senior Management1. Figure out the internal issues and put them to rest.
2. Take some risks; with new games on different platforms..
3. Listen to your senior management. They have good experience - let them take a role in shaping where the company should go

get glued

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

I worked at Glu

Pros: Great building! The atmosphere is great and the HR… Cons: Senior management does not listen to the employees or each other. They are a smart of group… Advice to Senior Management: Sell Now! More

Mostly young employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Glu

Pros: Glu is a fun place to work mostly because it makes video games.… Cons: When I was there, I wasn't impressed with many of the managers in the engineering group, because they did not have very solid knowledge of… Advice to Senior Management: Somehow hire/elevate managers that have good video game expertise. Certain management could develop better leadership… More
There are newer reviews on Glu.

Worked for Glu? Contribute to the Community!

Glu – Why Work for Us?

Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Glu is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity, and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Glu reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Glu CEO Niccolo De Masi . All reviews posted anonymously by Glu employees.