There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy

My time here has been slightly stressful trying to advance my career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

They are very flexible on the corporate side with work hours and sick time that you need to take. Benefits are good. Get a lot of vacation time which is great

Cons

Career advancement is difficult if your career path is going towards a position that you have no experience in. Most positions now require 5+ years of experience where in the past they would hire an employee with the skills to do the work and mold them. Now they have a jr development program with a few intern like positions for career advancement but there are only a few for all of the employees to fight over.

Make career advancement less difficult. Have more jr positions where previous experience doesn't need to be 5+ years.

reviews filtered by

If you need a job they are always hiring, if you want a career look elsewhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hiawatha, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hiawatha, IA

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

The people you work with are nice (at the peer level). The benefits are decent as well - but count on using your vacation time to get your weekends off since almost everyone works a Saturday or Sunday.

Cons

The company however runs more like a circus act with high schoolers in charge - and cocky attitudes and misguided concepts of business to boot.

Try listening to the people who work for you and you might be surprised at the diversity of soil sets they have to offer. And maybe you should jump back on the phone for one day a month so you remember what it can be like.

Good job if you do what you're told and nothing else.

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Chandler, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

Good company, obviously big so pays you on time. Team-based work so there is healthy sales competition. They teach you a lot of stuff. Has high potential for sales but quotas are kinda unfair, given that about half of what you sell is kind of unnecessary. (10 year domain registrations...etc.)

Cons

Pretty unfair promotion tactics. You pretty much either have to be a very pretty female (rare in tech industries) or work there for a ridiculously long time just to get to the middle-management arena. Your bonus gets taken away from you if you don't meet quota. Unrealistic sales expectations.

Dont' treat your reps like goons; we are smarter than you realize and possibly smarter than you. Treat us fairly and respectfully and we will work hard for you.

There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy