GoDaddy
www.godaddy.com Scottsdale, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you're not one of the "good ole boys" you're gonna have a bad time.

Inbound Sales and Support (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros-Benefits
-Great place to make some money if recent grad or just need some extra cash-don't be intimidated by their "Now need a degree" requirement on their site.It's a call center not rocket science.
-Co-workers usually pleasant to work with
-Cheap lunches

Cons-They are always hiring because of the ridiculous turnover rate.They'll give you this fluff story that the reason for it is because other employees are advancing to other departments.Which in reality, its either because people are leaving for applying to a department an insane amount of times, (Lost a good co-worker who applied for a position over SIX TIMES WITH PRIOR EXPERIENCE to only get turned down because managers pick whom they judge they get along with best...or whom they are already friends with) or you can get termination for sales or something else absurd like they don't think that you "consult" enough to make them more money.

-DON'T SPEAK YOUR MIND. If you tastefully disagree with any of their ridiculous "OH MY GOODNESS GODADDY IS AMAZING" opinions or politics- as mentioned in previous reviews,they are very open about their prejudices against you. And if you challenge them, they will find something ludicrous against you since their whole handbook is a joke and there's a trap around every corner they can call you on. Since godaddy is a privately owned company,of course they can do whatever they want with you.You are their robot after all.

-They do not play well when you try and switch your schedule.(Again, two people on my team quit because getting a schedule change is pretty much equivalent to pulling teeth), Even to the point of challenging you that you shouldn't "need" to change your schedule if you been doing the same one for so long, they won't even attempt to give you new schedule options if "they" believe you don't need one.When challenged of course, management pretty much dug up something ridiculous on them threatening their job.

Advice to Senior Management-I would say cut the nepotism and the unrealistic goals that you posses. but I'd be wasting my breath.

-You guys really need to cut the whole "If you can't sell then you can't do anything else" mess.Its the whole reason why no one likes working for you and people there don't even have the skills half the time for the other departments,its only because they
A) Been there for a long time (even then thats a long shot)
B)Knew how to sell or
C)Rubbed the right elbows.

You lost so many good employees because of this and I don't think at this point you can teach a old dog new tricks.

They care about their employees

Junior Software Developer (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern for less than a year

Pros: -Employee Appreciation Initiative is awesome. They gave a team money to do some activity such as paintball, watch a movie, lunch. The activity can involve… Cons: -I'm not a big fan of tall cubicles. It seems pretty isolated, and places with rarely any sunlight, it's so dark. -Phone cannot be used… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Go Daddy is a fast-paced and fun environment.

QA Engineer (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy part-time for more than a year

Pros: I have felt like have been given many opportunities to participate in contributing projects. I do not feel like my internship is a waste of… Cons: The internship program does not have a well built program.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on GoDaddy.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GoDaddy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving. All reviews posted anonymously by GoDaddy employees.