GoDaddy

www.godaddy.com

If you're not one of the "good ole boys" you're gonna have a bad time.

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

-Benefits
-Great place to make some money if recent grad or just need some extra cash-don't be intimidated by their "Now need a degree" requirement on their site.It's a call center not rocket science.
-Co-workers usually pleasant to work with
-Cheap lunches

Cons

-They are always hiring because of the ridiculous turnover rate.They'll give you this fluff story that the reason for it is because other employees are advancing to other departments.Which in reality, its either because people are leaving for applying to a department an insane amount of times, (Lost a good co-worker who applied for a position over SIX TIMES WITH PRIOR EXPERIENCE to only get turned down because managers pick whom they judge they get along with best...or whom they are already friends with) or you can get termination for sales or something else absurd like they don't think that you "consult" enough to make them more money.

-DON'T SPEAK YOUR MIND. If you tastefully disagree with any of their ridiculous "OH MY GOODNESS GODADDY IS AMAZING" opinions or politics- as mentioned in previous reviews,they are very open about their prejudices against you. And if you challenge them, they will find something ludicrous against you since their whole handbook is a joke and there's a trap around every corner they can call you on. Since godaddy is a privately owned company,of course they can do whatever they want with you.You are their robot after all.

-They do not play well when you try and switch your schedule.(Again, two people on my team quit because getting a schedule change is pretty much equivalent to pulling teeth), Even to the point of challenging you that you shouldn't "need" to change your schedule if you been doing the same one for so long, they won't even attempt to give you new schedule options if "they" believe you don't need one.When challenged of course, management pretty much dug up something ridiculous on them threatening their job.

-I would say cut the nepotism and the unrealistic goals that you posses. but I'd be wasting my breath.

-You guys really need to cut the whole "If you can't sell then you can't do anything else" mess.Its the whole reason why no one likes working for you and people there don't even have the skills half the time for the other departments,its only because they
A) Been there for a long time (even then thats a long shot)
B)Knew how to sell or
C)Rubbed the right elbows.

You lost so many good employees because of this and I don't think at this point you can teach a old dog new tricks.

Other reviews for GoDaddy

Go Daddy is a fast-paced and fun environment.

Current Employee - QA Engineer  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

I have felt like have been given many opportunities to participate in contributing projects. I do not feel like my internship is a waste of time. I get to spend time looking at code and learning deployment processes. The management lets us know of our improvement and acknowledges opportunities for when we graduate school.

Cons

The internship program does not have a well built program. We are pretty much treated as full-time employees without the benefits.

Lots of politics in middle management

Former Employee - Senior .NET Developer  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior .NET Developer in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

They use good technology and they have casual dress code. Plus they have good team building events

Cons

Some of the middle management are not at all technical and sometimes projecst are taken up without a feasibility study or a discussion with a senior technical person

Be more open to talk to Technical people before undertaking a project. Also work from home option should be expanded

There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!