GoDaddy

www.godaddy.com
  www.godaddy.com
There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy

Not bad. Could be much better though.

Current Employee - Analyst in Gilbert, AZ
Current Employee - Analyst in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A vibrant, young company with huge strategic advantages.

Cons

A lot of managers who have little to no real experience or education leaves a lot of room for missed opportunities.

Get educated. "The GoDaddy Way" is not always the best way. It is great that GoDaddy promotes from within but there are not a lot of new or innovative ideas to drive real growth. Don't let the investment partners continue to chip away at what once made GoDaddy great.

310 Other Employee Reviews for GoDaddy (View Most Recent)

Growing, growing, growing

Current Employee - Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lot of opportunities for growth
    New investment partners helping drive the company strategy
    Good Benefits

Cons

Insane deadlines
    A lot of late hours and overtime is expected by management in many departments.

Starts out great and then....

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Initially, I started with GoDaddy shortly before a holiday. I watched someone win a large television. Great first impression.

Cons

Income earned, or, up selling, is required. Don't sell, you will be terminated. The work environment is sales based but commission is not earned or given, instead bonuses are gifted. Then means is it is very possible to have your bonus removed for a variety of reasons, under the guise of not meeting "expectations". Over time these standards change, so remember, "change is the GoDaddy way". Expect to lose your bonus at some point in time.

Work environment is 24/7 so to get a holiday off you must request far enough in advance with your vacation time. No vacation, then you must work the holiday. Too many people request the holiday off before you, expect to work the holiday. Call in sick and earn demerits.

The rules of the day are hard and fast. If you come in late due to some well published freeway accident expect to earn demerits.

There are around 2000 employees in the Phoenix area, but, I believe somewhere between 20-30 THOUSAND people have been employed at GoDaddy. This is around a 90% turnover rate. These numbers are estimates because GoDaddy being a privately held company is not required to release the data. I expect these numbers to be disputed. If you do seek employment at GoDaddy just ask how many employees are in the Phoenix/Iowa centers and then look at your employee number.

Image is everything at GoDaddy. Smile, be positive, tote the company line or you do not get into the "good ole boys club".

Treat your employees with respect. Train the supervision. I have no problem with GoDaddy being a for profit corporation but realize that your employees are management's customers. Teach and train management to do right by their customers, the employees they manage. We are not in the military and theory X management has been proven to be ineffective.

There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy