Customer Development Team

Pros

Less technical support and more consultation with customers.

Cons

A lot of talking on the phone

Other Employee Reviews for GoDaddy

Starts out great and then....

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Initially, I started with GoDaddy shortly before a holiday. I watched someone win a large television. Great first impression.

Cons

Income earned, or, up selling, is required. Don't sell, you will be terminated. The work environment is sales based but commission is not earned or given, instead bonuses are gifted. Then means is it is very possible to have your bonus removed for a variety of reasons, under the guise of not meeting "expectations". Over time these standards change, so remember, "change is the GoDaddy way". Expect to lose your bonus at some point in time. Work environment is 24/7 so to get a holiday off you must request far enough in advance with your vacation time. No vacation, then you must work the holiday. Too many people request the holiday off before you, expect to work the holiday. Call in sick and earn demerits. The rules of the day are hard and fast. If you come in late due to some well published freeway accident expect to earn demerits. There are around 2000 employees in the Phoenix area, but, I believe somewhere between 20-30 THOUSAND people have been employed at GoDaddy. This is around a 90% turnover rate. These numbers are estimates because GoDaddy being a privately held company is not required to release the data. I expect these numbers to be disputed. If you do seek employment at GoDaddy just ask how many employees are in the Phoenix/Iowa centers and then look at your employee number. Image is everything at GoDaddy. Smile, be positive, tote the company line or you do not get into the "good ole boys club".

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Train the supervision. I have no problem with GoDaddy being a for profit corporation but realize that your employees are management's customers. Teach and train management to do right by their customers, the employees they manage. We are not in the military and theory X management has been proven to be ineffective.

Sales and tech support

Former Employee - Sales and Tech Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales and Tech Support in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

2 dollars lunches, and great training alone with some very Knowledgable people. Great Opportunity to learn useful information.

Cons

I was lied to about my base salary by a recuirter about the over night pay. If you don't have a family or a lot of responsibility then this entry level works. Benefite are not as good as they claim if you have multi dependents.

Advice to Management

Make sure your recruiters are honest it reperesents your company in the wrong light. Also please give a straight pay for working over nights.