Customer Development Team

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

Less technical support and more consultation with customers.

Cons

A lot of talking on the phone

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Customer Development Team

Current Employee - Customer Development in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Development in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. 3 weeks pto first year up to 6 weeks after year 5, full medical/dental.
    Uncapped "bonus", you can make thousands weekly if you're good at selling.

Cons

You feel like a commodity. There are hundreds of people trying to move up into a few positions. I've seen some amazing managers/supervisors leave and their position was filled within a day.
    Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do. It is a call center so the job itself is very draining.

Advice to Management

It is not all about the amount of time someone puts in. Someone who comes in with years of experience and degrees is generally going to bring in better, more solid ideas than someone who spent the last five years on the phones dealing with customer after customer. Look outside the box.

Starts out great and then....

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Initially, I started with GoDaddy shortly before a holiday. I watched someone win a large television. Great first impression.

Cons

Income earned, or, up selling, is required. Don't sell, you will be terminated. The work environment is sales based but commission is not earned or given, instead bonuses are gifted. Then means is it is very possible to have your bonus removed for a variety of reasons, under the guise of not meeting "expectations". Over time these standards change, so remember, "change is the GoDaddy way". Expect to lose your bonus at some point in time.

Work environment is 24/7 so to get a holiday off you must request far enough in advance with your vacation time. No vacation, then you must work the holiday. Too many people request the holiday off before you, expect to work the holiday. Call in sick and earn demerits.

The rules of the day are hard and fast. If you come in late due to some well published freeway accident expect to earn demerits.

There are around 2000 employees in the Phoenix area, but, I believe somewhere between 20-30 THOUSAND people have been employed at GoDaddy. This is around a 90% turnover rate. These numbers are estimates because GoDaddy being a privately held company is not required to release the data. I expect these numbers to be disputed. If you do seek employment at GoDaddy just ask how many employees are in the Phoenix/Iowa centers and then look at your employee number.

Image is everything at GoDaddy. Smile, be positive, tote the company line or you do not get into the "good ole boys club".

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Train the supervision. I have no problem with GoDaddy being a for profit corporation but realize that your employees are management's customers. Teach and train management to do right by their customers, the employees they manage. We are not in the military and theory X management has been proven to be ineffective.