Good growth, decent benefits, love some perks

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Godaddy is challenging, It is always fun to go on employee appreciation outings. Company has not gone public yet, so timing is good.

Cons

work is time consuming at times, there are high expectations. culture changing slowly but surely.

Other Reviews for GoDaddy

GoDaddy was a good place to work.

Former Employee - SQL Developer  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - SQL Developer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment was positive, and the management (that I dealt with, at least) was competent and receptive to input/suggestions. Colleagues seemed to be well-chosen, and were pleasant to work with.

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons to list about working here, except perhaps that there was a bit more bureaucracy than I would have liked, but that's hard to avoid in larger organizations.

Customer Development Team

Current Employee - Customer Development  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Development in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are amazing. 3 weeks pto first year up to 6 weeks after year 5, full medical/dental.
    Uncapped "bonus", you can make thousands weekly if you're good at selling.

Cons

You feel like a commodity. There are hundreds of people trying to move up into a few positions. I've seen some amazing managers/supervisors leave and their position was filled within a day.
    Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do. It is a call center so the job itself is very draining.

It is not all about the amount of time someone puts in. Someone who comes in with years of experience and degrees is generally going to bring in better, more solid ideas than someone who spent the last five years on the phones dealing with customer after customer. Look outside the box.

There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!