Starts out great and then....

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Initially, I started with GoDaddy shortly before a holiday. I watched someone win a large television. Great first impression.

Cons

Income earned, or, up selling, is required. Don't sell, you will be terminated. The work environment is sales based but commission is not earned or given, instead bonuses are gifted. Then means is it is very possible to have your bonus removed for a variety of reasons, under the guise of not meeting "expectations". Over time these standards change, so remember, "change is the GoDaddy way". Expect to lose your bonus at some point in time.

Work environment is 24/7 so to get a holiday off you must request far enough in advance with your vacation time. No vacation, then you must work the holiday. Too many people request the holiday off before you, expect to work the holiday. Call in sick and earn demerits.

The rules of the day are hard and fast. If you come in late due to some well published freeway accident expect to earn demerits.

There are around 2000 employees in the Phoenix area, but, I believe somewhere between 20-30 THOUSAND people have been employed at GoDaddy. This is around a 90% turnover rate. These numbers are estimates because GoDaddy being a privately held company is not required to release the data. I expect these numbers to be disputed. If you do seek employment at GoDaddy just ask how many employees are in the Phoenix/Iowa centers and then look at your employee number.

Image is everything at GoDaddy. Smile, be positive, tote the company line or you do not get into the "good ole boys club".

Treat your employees with respect. Train the supervision. I have no problem with GoDaddy being a for profit corporation but realize that your employees are management's customers. Teach and train management to do right by their customers, the employees they manage. We are not in the military and theory X management has been proven to be ineffective.

Other Reviews for GoDaddy

Sales and tech support

Former Employee - Sales and Tech Support  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales and Tech Support in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

2 dollars lunches, and great training alone with some very Knowledgable people. Great Opportunity to learn useful information.

Cons

I was lied to about my base salary by a recuirter about the over night pay. If you don't have a family or a lot of responsibility then this entry level works. Benefite are not as good as they claim if you have multi dependents.

Make sure your recruiters are honest it reperesents your company in the wrong light. Also please give a straight pay for working over nights.

A perfect example of how NOT to run a business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Headquarters are in Scottsdale AZ, which is a beautiful city to live in. The holiday party at the end of the year is a blast, but will only last as long as Bob Parsons is willing and able to pay for it himself.

Cons

The travel policy is horrible. You will often find yourself in a situation where you won't have a place to sleep. The travel policy states that the preferred method of booking travel is to use a "PCard." However, when you apply for a PCard, you will be declined if you're not at the executive level. The Security department is hell bent on catching employees doing something they consider to be insecure. You will be reprimanded the moment you go outside of their strict policy no matter how harmless it is. Talented employees either quit, or are let go, and useless ones are promoted or moved into a position where they can do less damage. This results in a lot of high paid individuals who have a difficult time getting the most basic tasks completed accurately and on time. The motto of upper management seems to be "keep your head down and mouth shut." Bringing new ideas to the table, or suggesting improvements will only result in a target being placed on your back. There is a very strong "Good ol' Boy" network of leaders that are impervious to new talent, ideas, or rational thinking.

When your most talented employee is providing you a solution, don't dismiss it because it wasn't your idea.

There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!