There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy

New here at GoDaddy

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant  in  Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great tools to help businesses grow.

Cons

none so far but I just started

272 Other Employee Reviews for GoDaddy (View Most Recent)

Genius at branding their "so-called" good customer support image

Former Employee - Inbound Technical Support  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Technical Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

15 n hour now. Good insurance. Good retirement (lol, like you'll ever need it)
    Mr. Irving taking over as CEO of GoDaddy. THEY MIGHT be getting better.

Cons

First off, before they "terminated" me for not being able to UPSELL to people who DON'T KNOW THE HOW THE INTERNET WORKS, let alone what a domain name is, I was actually re-leaved to get fired from this place. Although my floor manager said I was "so amazing with helping the customers solve their problems" your job is 100% dependent on how well you can upsell, regardless if you can actually solve your customers problems with their websites. Every call. Don't believe the lies and BS they throw at you when you first start. They flat out told me the job wasn't "a sales job" at my time of hire, which was in November. Things may have changed based on the job description I've read, they at least tell you have to sell now.

If you have morals as a person, and actually care about people, stay far away. But if you "Don't give a f**k about the persons technical issue" as a successful salesman on my team told me, then this is the place for you. I was disheartened to see people call in, 6,7,8,9, times a day to get told some total BS from a rep that would just try and sell something. (I'm not kidding in the slightest)

Decorating your little team area, and playing with nerf guns all day, is so childish and un-professional it proved to me the attitude of this company. Nor playing all these neat little sales games like free DVD's of movies nobody cares about, to the person with the highest sales for the day. They have to do stuff like this to make you THINK your job doesnt suck. Oh, that money machine they tell you about, where they put you in a machine and let you grab for money, never saw that operated once.

To the supervisor who told me after an extremely pissed off customer had his website shut down and never given a reason why, who after he hung up after the sup put him on a 10 minute hold told me "Good. F**k him. Take your next call." That says something. Those are the peoples attitudes who are supervisors, that I was supposed to be seeking help from.

You cannot move within the company if you start out as a customer support rep and cannot meet the sales numbers, which is about the stupidest stuff I've ever experienced. Why have a person who is great with hosting, DNS, and technical issues stay in a 100% sales position, is beyond me.

The fact that 95% of your calls are from customers expecting technical support, and get a person trained to upsell (whose job is dependent on how well they sell) is astonishing. Beyond my comprehension as a college graduate actually.

I really hope Mr. Irving turns the company around, cause I have a feeling if it doesnt, something is going to happen.

Oh BTW, don't ever take the powershift on the weekends, just FYI.

Flat out simple. If GoDaddy wants to be a 20 billion dollar company as Mr. Irving expects. Separate sales and technical support. Flat out. End of story. You can't have both. I feel sorry for the customer base.

Great company DNA that was completely lost after sale

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get it done attitude; good compensation; great vacation.

Cons

Transitional phase; employees are just a small piece of the puzzle.

There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!