GoDaddy

A lot of rewarding work

Current Employee - Senior .NET Developer
Current Employee - Senior .NET Developer

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

Go Daddy provides professional development opportunities and hires from within. Management wants to know where you see yourself in the future and supports you as you advance in your career. The company values its employees and demonstrates their appreciation of hard work regularly. The work is challenging but the right tools are provided to get the job done.

Cons

Everything is developed in house, so sometimes you'll be given a project to reinvent the wheel.

324 Other Employee Reviews for GoDaddy (View Most Recent)

Good.

Former Employee - Customer Service Inbound
    Former Employee - Customer Service Inbound

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

Fun place to work. They treat you well and with respect. Good benefits package. Choice of shifts to choose from.

Cons

Job is a combination of tech support and sales but they are always pushing the sales part harder than helping customers on the phone.

Job is a combination of tech support and sales but they are always pushing the sales. More emphasis should be on taking care of the customer.

Like SQL Server 2000?

Current Employee - Database Administrator
    Current Employee - Database Administrator

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

pay and benefits are good

Cons

Technology is stuck in the past. I simply do not understand why people who do not like change go into IT, but the group I worked with was very change adverse. Senior managers were using SQL Server 2000 query analyzer to connect to SQL Server 2008 servers. They do not use try catch blocks and refuse to do standard maintenance. If you suggest they bring their standards up to date they assert that Go Daddy is somehow different than any other company in the world and does not need to adhere to standard practices. You will get a great deal of "we have always done it this way" or "we have never done that and we don't need to start now."

Last, people are scared of innovation. Apparently there has been lots of "fix the blame, not the problem" style of management.

Bob Parson's has a principle - get out of your comfort zone. Maybe his managers should start adhering to that principle. Get off the fix the blame, not the problem management style

There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy