GoGrid Cloud Hosting

www.gogrid.com
There are newer employer reviews for GoGrid Cloud Hosting

Intensive Experience Overload

I have been working at GoGrid Cloud Hosting

Pros

unlimited beverages, company events, friday company lunches, schedule flexibility

Cons

Pay does not accommodate work load demanded

Better Pay = Better Employee Retention

25 Other Employee Reviews for GoGrid Cloud Hosting (View Most Recent)

GoGrid - great place to get your feet wet

I have been working at GoGrid Cloud Hosting

Pros

GoGrid is part of the newly emerging CloudHosting space. A rather big part. If you want to start getting some experience in this industry - GoGrid is one of the companies to check out.

Cons

The pay isn't super competitive. The size of the company and pay structure is more like a start up. You don't have a clear pay structure or path to follow.

Create an open pay structure.

Many possibilities, no opportunities.

Former Employee - Network Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at GoGrid Cloud Hosting

Pros

GoGrid has a lot going for it physically. They have a top-notch datacenter right across the street from their San Francisco office (no kidding!). There are a lot of computing and network resources at ones disposal to develop their skills and create lab networks and computer systems to try out ideas on.

They even offer free colocation for employees' own computers (so awesome, and unheard of!)

Cons

Despite all it has going for it, GoGrid does not foster an environment where engineers can produce their best work. I found the management very ego-heavy and constantly switching focus. The engineering team had a really tough time understanding what to design and focus on when we couldn't get any answers about what our product development plans were.

For example, one of the most senior engineering managers was constantly confrontational to his employees, and was always trying to get people to re-engineer what they were making to fit his "vision" of how things should work. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a lot of experience (he started at the beginning of the company and worked his way up), and this really became obvious when he would force people through his seniority to make bad engineering decisions because he felt it was the "right thing" despite hearing otherwise from his coworkers.

This cavalier attitude eventually became too much to handle and drove many engineers to leave.

I hope that eventually the senior management will come to realize the true talent and position they're in to build a great product, but I just don't think it will happen for them.

Last I've heard, they only been hiring more managers to handle the situation....
    If only they could write some code :)

If you're serious about developing your product rather than just sustaining it, consider the people that are actually driving its development forward. Take some risks and trust an engineer (or a group of engineers), and not some project manager or product marketing person to help you make a solidly-built product, and not just something buzzword-compliant.

There are newer employer reviews for GoGrid Cloud Hosting