GoHealth

www.gohealthinsurance.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for GoHealth

The Business for the Future...Great collaboration of talented people...

Current Employee - Senior QA in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior QA in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GoHealth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you need flexibility, growth, Leaders, Innovative thinkers, Sales, multicultural community. This the best model for an up and rising company. Hands Down ! The new Management system was a stroke of genius. I can see where this is a great way to promote from within. This is not a stagnant company...Momentum is generated by a great core of employees, techs, managers and directors.

Cons

Exceptionally talented individuals currently employed were being overlooked...Not intentionally. Born Leaders that are attending night classes to develop skills for future career with Company. Missing the palpable commitment being made by current employees to train and develop skill sets to compliment and advance the company.

Please consider sponsoring dedicated employees for credit based college courses, certified college courses.

90 Other Employee Reviews for GoHealth (View Most Recent)

It was okay working there

Former Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at GoHealth full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate enough that I had an amazing team lead the last few months I was there so that helped. The pay is decent for Health Plan Advisor' s.

Cons

Very disorganized and communication came from so many different sources it made it difficult for us to do our job. Upper management only speaks to you when they want more sales then goes back to ignoring you.

Talk to your employees more and stop having sales contests that conflict with clients wishes.

Casual Dress Code & Horrible Managers/Company

Former Employee - Benefits Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Benefits Advisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at GoHealth full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company has a casual dress code. During open enrollment they will buy you a lot of food, snacks, energy drinks to keep you motivated and seated at your cubicle.

Cons

The salary for this position if you are directly is $35,000 a year + Commission + Overtime. Overtime can be mandatory during certain times during the open enrollment season. You are scheduled for nine hour shifts sometimes longer if they need you. If you are a single mother or have other responsibilities then this is not the job for you. You have a rotating schedule that changes every two weeks this includes the days and time so this makes it difficult for you to have a life outside of work.

The benefits are not that great you only have 2 sick days a year, 1 week of vacation, the medical plan is $250 a month but you can not add your spouse or kids to the plan only to the supplemental dental and vision not medical. Again if you are a single mother or father who has a stay at home wife this is not the job for you. I was hired as temp by Aerotek most of the agents you will be working with are temps. They will tell you that they will convert you but they never will. Most of the temps like 500 hundred agents have been laid off since open enrollment ended on April 15, 2014.

You also have no pension or 401K match at this company. They have a 401K but the company does not match. Job security forget about it you have NONE. No one even Senior Sales Managers were laid off after April 15. How the healthcare industry is set up now this company will hire lots of agents during open enrollment season then lay them off when its over. This year open enrollment is November 15 to February 15. So on February 16, 2015 the lay offs will begin immediately. If you are a temp their is a 99% chance you will not have a job after February 16, 2015. If you are hired through Aerotek, GES or any other staffing agency do not believe what they tell you. First of all you make less then the actual Go Health employees they make $35,000 you make $30,000-$31,000.

If you are accustomed to working in a professional environment then this is not the job for you. Most of the people they hire have only high school diplomas, come to work HIGH, yes read that again, HIGH, fighting at the office verbal and physical. For someone who has a college degree and is used to working with professionals this was a bit of shock to me. This is a call center so they are open 7 days a week usually from 7am to 10pm everyday. So don't expect to have weekends off or even evenings for that matter.

In conclusion, I would never work for this company again, you have zero job security, however the money you can make during open enrollment is amazing. You can make $10,000 maybe more depending on the states you are licensed in. Just remember this though after February 15, 2015 if you are a temp kiss you job goodbye. They will call you at home tell you that you're laid off and that you can not come to the office to pick up your things. I would not recommend my worse enemy to work at this company because you have no job security, essentially no benefits and they don't want you to have a life outside of work.

Be honest with people when you hire them. Don't tell them you are going to keep them when you have plans to lay them off. Have some empathy for people who have a life outside of work. Sometimes things happen people have kids, spouses and other obligations that require their attention outside of work. Don't patronize people and make them feel bad when they don't get that many sales.

There are newer employer reviews for GoHealth